The world's smallest cloudready device
Product Specialist - Enterprise IT
Who We AreNeverware is the developer of CloudReady, the highly secure, fast, and modern operating system that runs on almost any hardware. Launched in February 2015, CloudReady garnered immediate attention by giving budget-strapped schools a way to turn old, slow computers into fast, reliable devices that deliver the same experience as a Chromebook. Several years and one million installs later, CloudReady is the OS of choice for innovative organizations and IT teams eager to embrace the future of computing and eliminate the hassle and expense of legacy operating systems. Thousands of schools, businesses, and consumers in 127 countries around the world use CloudReady daily via our Education, Enterprise, and Home Editions.
With offices in New York and London, Neverware has been featured on Crain's 100 Best Places to Work in New York City in 2019 and 2018, was named #8 on Built in NYC's Best Small Places to Work in NYC, and was the winner of the 2018 TIMMY Award for Best Startup in New York. Neverware’s investors include Google LLC, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst, and Rethink Education. Our partners include Google, Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Samsung, and more.
What You Will Do:Every technology is great on paper, but IT admins know an OS doesn’t exist in a vacuum - to be useful, it must interact in complex and evolving ways with networks, applications, peripherals, and other services. As Neverware’s Product Specialist in Enterprise IT, your mission will be to establish an unwavering commitment to understanding and addressing those real-world challenges.
You’ll build our expertise in how CloudReady intersects with enterprise IT environments and ensure that knowledge gets factored into every decision Neverware makes. You’ll accomplish this by building and documenting an ever-growing internal reference library of IT software and infrastructure, and by partnering with colleagues to understand the needs of IT admins and how CloudReady can best be used in their environments.
- Build, document, and groom an ever-growing reference library of IT infrastructure, focused on the most popular and critical tools used by CloudReady customers
- Assist and guide engineering work, QA testing, and bug reproduction wherever CloudReady’s interface to other infrastructure is a factor
- Combine your own expertise, feedback from other teams, and first-hand experimentation to establish and document IT best practices for CloudReady customers
- Serve as the internal voice for CloudReady’s most technical customers, enterprise IT Admins, staying informed through interviews, research, and hands-on experience
- Contribute strategic insights about markets, industries, and verticals where IT environments or needs can be a good fit for CloudReady
- Established professional experience in IT administration
- Significant experience with from-scratch deployments of IT infrastructure or services, from research to production
- Experience with a wide variety of end-user-computing technologies, especially the worlds of Microsoft Active Directory and Citrix VDI
- Knowledge of enterprise networking, both hardware and software
- A strong desire to continually improve and meet challenges. You don’t know the meaning of “maintenance mode”
- Meticulous attention to detail, especially in documentation
- Familiarity with Linux, Chrome OS, and the wider OS market
- Comfort with both local- and cloud-based tools
- Experience with change-management and end-user training
Health & retirement
Choose the medical, dental & vision insurance plans that make sense for you now, while planning for the future via our 401(k) plan.
We want you to be invested in the company’s success, so all employees get equity in the form of stock options
Take the time you need to be your best, most productive self with unlimited PTO
Snacks & beverages
Snacks abound (both healthy and not-so-much), as do drinks: coffee, soda, seltzer, tea, and of course a keg.
We provide a monthly reimbursement to cover a portion of your membership fee.
Team activities & events
Once a month, we head out of the office early—sometimes to volunteer, sometimes to hit happy hour or play shuffleboard.
Game nights & movie nights
Each month, we have both a game night and a movie night in the office, with snacks and drinks.
Flexible working hours
Set your schedule according to how you work best.
Neverware at a glance
Neverware focuses on Hardware, Information Technology, Education, Startups, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City, New York, and London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Neverware has raised $18.277M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2017.