Closing the digital divide in behavioral health
Technical Project Manager
NeuroFlow CEO and West Point graduate Christopher Molaro served in the US Army for five years, including a tour in Iraq as a platoon leader. Coming back home, he experienced firsthand the gaps in the behavioral health system, and upon completing his Wharton MBA, teamed up with co-founder/COO Adam Pardes to launch NeuroFlow in 2017. Beginning as a team of six people working in an office fit for two, we’ve since grown rapidly (over 40 employees and 10X revenue year-over-year growth) and earned numerous accolades from CNBC and others for our mission-driven, innovative work. NeuroFlow tools already support tens of thousands of people at hundreds of organizations including Jefferson Health and the United States Air Force.
What We Do:
NeuroFlow is a digital health company combining workflow automation, engagement tools, and applied AI to promote behavioral health integration in all care settings. NeuroFlow’s suite of HIPAA-compliant, cloud-based tools simplify remote patient monitoring, improve risk stratification, and facilitate collaborative care. With NeuroFlow, care teams can finally bridge the gap between behavioral and physical health to improve outcomes and reduce the cost of care.
How We Do It:
The award-winning culture at NeuroFlow is one built around encouragement and daring to be great. Our core values have been displayed in our office since day one, and each team member is responsible for carrying out these values and keeping each other accountable to them. We succeed through our flexibility and agility, navigating and transforming an industry ripe for change where “no” or “can’t” is too often the default. We have an ‘own the whole product’ mentality and teamwork is pivotal to our success - open and frequent communication within and across departments is not only encouraged but expected. NeuroFlow offers unique opportunities to work in a fun and challenging fast-paced environment with direct, meaningful impact for care teams and users across the country.
How You Will Help:
The Technical Project Manager will work on the Customer Success team, ensuring internal and external stakeholder needs are prioritized and executed upon.
- Perform consultative, solutions-based design for business clients to assess needs and to determine NeuroFlow system requirements
- Plan and modify product configuration to meet customer needs, collaborate with product teams (product managers and engineers) to define specifications and timelines for enterprise customers
- Field technical questions from prospects and clients, lead creation of technical support documentation
- Present proposed solutions in a professional business environment, demonstrating salesmanship and effective communication
- Help clients solve problems during implementation or as new features roll out
- Pull reports and conduct ad hoc data analysis to supplement features and work with engineering to source additional data pulls
- Drive adoption of new features, products, and services
- Help in researching and developing new cross-customer products through collaboration with product organization and other cross-functional teams
- Collaborate on competitive analysis, evaluating other solutions used by customers and prospects
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, economics, or other analytical program (Masters a plus)
- 2+ years of professional experience with exposure to software sales and implementation in healthcare/health system setting
- Experience interfacing with Enterprise, Executive, and clinical leadership to align the work of the systems groups with strategic business goals
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly while managing multiple projects across a portfolio of customers, especially as it pertains to healthcare integration software
- Ability to utilize established Enterprise project management standards, processes, policies, methodologies, and tools established to manage timelines, resources, and budgets
- High attention to detail and strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset (stay focused and take independent initiative)
- Experience with software development lifecycle (lean design, agile, scrum) within the healthcare/health system setting, particularly with EHR implementations and/or integrations
- Creativity and empathy (building delightful experiences, utilizing tactical empathy, having holistic perspective with a keen eye for detail, out of the box thinking)
- Passion for making an impact (we're a mission-focused health tech team) with a can-do attitude
Flexible work schedule, unlimited PTO, physical and mental wellness benefits, very competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, parental leave, 401K, company-sponsored events.
NeuroFlow at a glance
NeuroFlow focuses on SaaS, Health Care Information Technology, Medical Software, and Mental Health. Their company has offices in Philadelphia. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, NeuroFlow has raised $11.03M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.