Closing the digital divide in behavioral health
NeuroFlow CEO and West Point graduate Christopher Molaro served in the US Army for five years, including a tour in Iraq as a platoon leader. Coming back home, he experienced firsthand the gaps in the behavioral health system, and upon completing his Wharton MBA, teamed up with co-founder/COO Adam Pardes to launch NeuroFlow in 2017. Beginning as a team of six people working in an office fit for two, we’ve since grown rapidly (over 30 employees and 10X revenue year-over-year growth) and earned numerous accolades from CNBC and others for our mission-driven, innovative work. NeuroFlow tools already support tens of thousands of people at hundreds of organizations including Jefferson Health and the United States Air Force.
What We Do:
NeuroFlow is a digital health company combining workflow automation, engagement tools, and applied AI to promote behavioral health integration in all care settings. NeuroFlow’s suite of HIPAA-compliant, cloud-based tools simplify remote patient monitoring, improve risk stratification, and facilitate collaborative care. With NeuroFlow, care teams can finally bridge the gap between behavioral and physical health to improve outcomes and reduce the cost of care.
How We Do It:
The award-winning culture at NeuroFlow is one built around encouragement and daring to be great. Our core values have been displayed in our office since day one, and each team member is responsible for carrying out these values and keeping each other accountable to them. We succeed through our flexibility and agility, navigating and transforming an industry ripe for change where “no” or “can’t” is too often the default. We have an ‘own the whole product’ mentality and teamwork is pivotal to our success - open and frequent communication within and across departments is not only encouraged but expected. NeuroFlow offers unique opportunities to work in a fun and challenging fast-paced environment with direct, meaningful impact for care teams and users across the country.
How You Will Help:
Working with our data science, engineering, design and product teams, you will provide data mining, data analysis, actionable data visualizations, statistical modeling, and predictive modeling using your deep knowledge of SQL and analytical python packages. You will help build models for our products and collaborate with engineering to see them through to production. You will collaborate with stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement and success, to drive growth for the company, and to promote a data-driven culture.
- You will educate and support product, design, engineering, and the executive teams to make data-informed decisions by building visualizations and reports
- You will work on and improve high-visibility algorithms with our product and data teams
- You will gather requirements, identify data sources, build roadmaps, participate in data architecture decisions, and write great documentation for data sources that need to be modeled
- You will perform statistical analysis on our ongoing scientific research efforts
- You will own a project from strategy to execution to evaluation with independence, resourcefulness, and creative thinking
- You will balance the need to move quickly with attention to detail, while holding your work to the highest of expectations
- You will advocate for your work and point of view when presenting to team members
- You will keep our users at the heart of everything you do
- You love a fast-paced environment and thrive when tackling the hardest challenges
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You identify problems and take ownership of solutions
- You have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years as a data scientist, preferably at a Series A or B healthcare company. Master’s Degree, or PhD a plus!
- You have experience building data pipelines and writing complex SQL queries and python code for data analysis (pandas, numpy, sklearn, matplotlib etc)
- You have experience data modeling, ELT development, and data warehousing
- You have experience applying fundamental techniques of probability and statistics as well as supervised and unsupervised machine learning. Recommender systems or multi-armed bandits experience a plus!
- You are comfortable with git, AWS, and navigating with the command line
- You have experience creating visually appealing and simple dashboards to tell insightful stories with data. Experience with Metabase (or similar modern BI tool) is a plus!
Flexible work schedule, unlimited PTO, physical and mental wellness benefits, medical coverage, parental leave, 401K, company-sponsored events.
NeuroFlow at a glance
NeuroFlow focuses on SaaS, Health Care Information Technology, Medical Software, and Mental Health. Their company has offices in Philadelphia. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, NeuroFlow has raised $11.03M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.