Closing the digital divide in behavioral health
Software Engineer - Back End
NeuroFlow CEO and West Point graduate Christopher Molaro served in the US Army for five years, including a tour in Iraq as a platoon leader. Coming back home, he experienced firsthand the gaps in the behavioral health system, and upon completing his Wharton MBA, teamed up with co-founder/COO Adam Pardes to launch NeuroFlow in 2017. Beginning as a team of six people working in an office fit for two, we’ve since grown rapidly (over 30 employees and 10X revenue year-over-year growth) and earned numerous accolades from CNBC and others for our mission-driven, innovative work. NeuroFlow tools already support tens of thousands of people at hundreds of organizations including Jefferson Health and the United States Air Force.
What We Do:
NeuroFlow is a digital health company combining workflow automation, engagement tools, and applied AI to promote behavioral health integration in all care settings. NeuroFlow’s suite of HIPAA-compliant, cloud-based tools simplify remote patient monitoring, improve risk stratification, and facilitate collaborative care. With NeuroFlow, care teams can finally bridge the gap between behavioral and physical health to improve outcomes and reduce the cost of care.
How We Do It:
The award-winning culture at NeuroFlow is one built around encouragement and daring to be great. Our core values have been displayed in our office since day one, and each team member is responsible for carrying out these values and keeping each other accountable to them. We succeed through our flexibility and agility, navigating, and transforming an industry ripe for change where “no” or “can’t” is too often the default. We have an ‘own the whole product’ mentality and teamwork is pivotal to our success - open and frequent communication within and across departments is not only encouraged but expected. NeuroFlow offers unique opportunities to work in a fun and challenging fast-paced environment with direct, meaningful impact for care teams and users across the country.
How You Will Help:
We’re looking for a talented and passionate developer who will help build and maintain the core of our products. You will help integrate with third-party systems in a secure and reliable way, troubleshoot and resolve complicated and unique issues, implement performance improvements that ensure our growing user base maintains quick access to our products. And you will be able to apply creative problem solving to keep on schedule with our product roadmap, understanding how to prioritize your time efficiently without micromanagement from leadership.
- Develop, release and operate our backend services.
- Build out product features, define our technical architecture, and brainstorm ways to continually make our application more performant, reliable and scalable.
- Write high-quality code that is efficient, maintainable and well-tested
- Work inside a clean services-based architecture and a modern tech stack
- Collaborate with our front-end web and mobile engineers, developing the APIs to power great products.
- Collaborate with the rest of the eng team to continually refine and evolve our coding standards and tech stack.
- Work closely with designers, product managers, QAs, and Front-end & mobile engineers, and to provide input on product design and direction, think through problems from a front and back-end perspective, and help testers understand edge cases.
- You love a fast-paced environment and thrive when tackling the hardest challenges.
- You’re always looking to find new ways to solve problems.
- Professional experience with backend development, including database design and API development.
- Preferred experience with modern backend technologies such as Python, Ruby, NodeJS, Go, etc.
- You know your way around relational databases (Postgres) and NoSQL databases.
- You understand the security implications of every change you make to the software you develop.
- You have no problem integrating a new service with no prior experience.
- You are comfortable self-leading, working to improve yourself and your abilities.
- You have an all-in attitude, ready to jump in to help keep things running regardless of what time it is.
- DevOps and experience in infrastructure management in environments and with tools such as ECS, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Docker
- You have worked with RESTful Web Services
Flexible work schedule, unlimited PTO, physical and mental wellness benefits, very competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, parental leave, 401K, company-sponsored events.
NeuroFlow at a glance
NeuroFlow focuses on SaaS, Health Care Information Technology, Medical Software, and Mental Health. Their company has offices in Philadelphia. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, NeuroFlow has raised $11.03M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.