Closing the digital divide in behavioral health
Software Engineer - Mobile
NeuroFlow CEO and West Point graduate Christopher Molaro served in the US Army for five years, including a tour in Iraq as a platoon leader. Coming back home, he experienced firsthand the gaps in the behavioral health system, and upon completing his Wharton MBA, teamed up with co-founder/COO Adam Pardes to launch NeuroFlow in 2017. Beginning as a team of six people working in an office fit for two, we’ve since grown rapidly (over 30 employees and 10X revenue year-over-year growth) and earned numerous accolades from CNBC and others for our mission-driven, innovative work. NeuroFlow tools already support tens of thousands of people at hundreds of organizations including Jefferson Health and the United States Air Force.
What We Do:
NeuroFlow is a digital health company combining workflow automation, engagement tools, and applied AI to promote behavioral health integration in all care settings. NeuroFlow’s suite of HIPAA-compliant, cloud-based tools simplify remote patient monitoring, improve risk stratification, and facilitate collaborative care. With NeuroFlow, care teams can finally bridge the gap between behavioral and physical health to improve outcomes and reduce the cost of care.
How We Do It:
The award-winning culture at NeuroFlow is one built around encouragement and daring to be great. Our core values have been displayed in our office since day one, and each team member is responsible for carrying out these values and keeping each other accountable to them. We succeed through our flexibility and agility, navigating, and transforming an industry ripe for change where “no” or “can’t” is too often the default. We have an ‘own the whole product’ mentality and teamwork is pivotal to our success - open and frequent communication within and across departments is not only encouraged but expected. NeuroFlow offers unique opportunities to work in a fun and challenging fast-paced environment with direct, meaningful impact for care teams and users across the country.
How You Will Help:
You will build exciting new features into our mobile applications and help deliver those features to tens of thousands of users (and growing!). You will interface closely with the UX, Product, QA, and Engineering teams to provide your expertise and build your understanding in a way that optimizes meeting business goals, building features, and producing quality code.
- Work closely with designers, product managers, QAs, and backend engineers to build out a UI designed to spec, provide input on product design and direction, think through problems from a front and back-end perspective, and help testers understand edge cases.
- Build features for our native iOS & Android applications, using some shared tools and libraries from our other applications, but writing much of it from scratch.
- Also be responsible for portions of the backend of this application (API layer, database).
- Design, build and maintain performant, reusable, scalable, and reliable code when necessary.
- Build minimally functional, possibly throwaway prototypes when necessary.
- Mentor other engineers on the team.
- You have worked in an Agile (specifically Scrum) environment before and thrived within it.
- You are comfortable working in 2-week sprints and pushing production-quality code that meets business requirements at the end of each sprint.
- You understand that business considerations and deadlines must be balanced with code quality, and are comfortable having conversations in that regard.
- You enjoy collaborating and want to have a voice in the product you are building.
- You understand that everybody you work with is human, and is trying their best, and can expect to have the same understanding provided to you.
- You understand that lines of communication are always open and that it’s important to communicate when you aren’t clear on something or have concerns with the feasibility of a feature given the time constraints.
- You understand the security implications of every change you make to the software you develop.
- You are comfortable self-leading and are hungry for the next project to tackle.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with key stakeholders outside of the engineering organization.
- You have strong architectural and technical individual contributor skills in mobile application development.
- You have work hands-on with iOS, Android, and/or Flutter.
- You have 3+ years of software development experience shipping production code.
- You have experience with service design patterns, multithreading, scalability, and performance.
- You’ve got excellent knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Dev Ops and experience in different cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Past experience with RESTful Web Services
- Familiarity with promises, deep-linking push notifications, and dependency managers like Cocoapods or Gradle
- You would be excited to become a cross-functional mobile developer by learning Kotlin and Android, Swift and iOS, and/or Dart and Flutter.
- You have written unit tests and/or UI tests for iOS, Android, and/or Flutter apps.
- You are familiar with mobile application deployment to the app/play stores, and iOS provisioning profiles and signing certificates.
- You are familiar with the concept of A/B testing in a mobile application context and have ideally implemented such features before.
Flexible work schedule, unlimited PTO, physical and mental wellness benefits, medical coverage, parental leave, 401K, company-sponsored events.
NeuroFlow at a glance
NeuroFlow focuses on SaaS, Health Care Information Technology, Medical Software, and Mental Health. Their company has offices in Philadelphia. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, NeuroFlow has raised $11.03M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.