Co-Founder, VP of Engineering$115k – $180k • 5.0% – 20.0%
Neuralens is hiring engineers to help build the future of retail. We're an artificial intelligence company focused on computer vision and our first product is a self-checkout system enabled with automatic object detection. Our POS system allows businesses to increase capacity, lower wage costs, and shift staff to higher impact roles like customer education and engagement. We're looking for someone to lead our engineering team and play a key role in developing our technology. Be a part of an early stage team with considerable potential to disrupt the $50B+ cashier labour market.
As VP of Engineering, you will:
- Recruit great engineers, coach and help develop talent
- Scope and lead our technical road map
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make
- Directly contribute to core interface design and write code. Serve as a role model for how great software should be written.
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity
You may be a fit if you:
- Are passionate about building world-class products
- Have a strong technical background, including 8+ years of experience with system architecture and API design at a top tier software company
- Have owned the technical roadmap for shipped products
- Have high proficiency in at least one these languages: Python, Node.js, C++, Go, C#, Java
- Have familiarity with deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow, Pytorch
- Listen well and internalize the best ideas while also setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- Work well cross-functionally and your co-workers at all levels and across all teams trust you
- Are often cited as the inspiration for engineers that join your teams. Even senior engineers feel that they’re able to learn from you
- Thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
Nice to have:
- MS/PhD degree or equivalent practical experience in Computer Science, AI, Machine Learning, or related technical field
- Experience in a high-growth technology start-up
Neuralens has an inclusive and supportive culture- we look for people who are intellectually curious, inventive, and builders at heart. Our team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to create the optimal environment for collaboration and productivity. If that sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please say hello.
Neuralens at a glance
Neuralens focuses on Retail Technology, Computer Vision, and B2B · SaaS · Mobile · Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning. Their company has offices in Vancouver. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.neuralens.io