Everything you need to build fast, modern websites
Developer Experience Engineer, Node & Next.js Integrations
At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $108M to date.
About the team
The mission of Developer Experience at Netlify is to ensure end to end quality for our customers. This includes, but is not limited to: making sure our product, messaging, open source repos, and integrations are world-class. This role involves spending part of the year working directly on the product as an engineer, as well as advocating on behalf of users to ensure their success navigating our platform. We are excellent dogfooders: we work with the product and teach people how to use it, but also work to ensure great developer experience.
About the opportunity
Some of the challenges you’ll be working on:
- Working on open source packages & integrations for the web community, specifically around Node, React, and Next.js
- Working on Netlify tooling and ecosystem materials as they pertain to React development, this can involve work with Node.js, CLI, and hooking into our infrastructure.
- Keeping a keen eye to developer experience in React workflows, and improving experiences where they need it.
- Supporting others in their work, be it code review, presentation feedback or practice, including providing guidance for strategy.
We are looking for someone who:
- At least 3 years of React application engineering experience, and expertise with Node.js, experience with Next.js is not required but a plus.
- Understands the developer tools ecosystem.
- Open source software development.
- Listened to product feedback and effectively presented it to product stakeholders.
In addition, other competencies that we value in candidates:
- You’re comfortable deep-diving into technology and can use what you learn to explain developer workflows to a variety of audiences.
- You can identify features that others might miss to illuminate in a genuine manner.
- You enjoy helping and mentoring other engineers to grow.
- You can adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.
About 55% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco. To maintain a distributed culture we have Tuesdays and Thursdays as work from home days.
We encourage you to speak at conferences and will pay your attendance costs as you represent Netlify at these events.
Netlify at a glance
Netlify focuses on Cloud Computing, Web Development, Content Delivery, Web Hosting, and Content Management. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Netlify has raised $99.235M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.