NerdWallet's objective advice, expert info and helpful tools help you make smart money moves
Senior UX Content Strategist
Based in San Francisco, CA or 100% Remote (Based in the U.S.)
NerdWallet is growing fast and so is our team. If you're interested in challenging, fast-paced and mission-driven work with people who "get" it, we want you to join us.
At NerdWallet, we help people improve their personal finances. Using clear, approachable language, we create experiences that put our users first and help make a historically-dense topic refreshingly simple, human, and interesting. This role offers an outstanding opportunity to work on projects from the ground up with highly collaborative partners who know the value of good content strategy. You’ll be shaping the future of NerdWallet through high-impact experiences such as the home page, navigation, and membership registration — from high-level strategy through optimizing labels with A/B tests.
As a qualified candidate, you have excellent writing skills — you’re succinct, clear, engaging — and you understand how content forms the backbone of a product, app, landing page, and website. You enjoy a good challenge, whether it involves transactional flows, navigational architecture, or effective calls to action. You’re comfortable working in ambiguity in a cross-functional, matrixed organization. And you’re excited to mentor and collaborate with fellow NerdWallet content strategists.
This role sits on the Design and User Experience team. You’ll partner with product designers, product managers, researchers, and other UX content strategists to enhance our experiences and be responsible for decisions that drive NerdWallet forward.
Where you can make an impact:
- Influence and be involved in every aspect of product development, from discovery to fixing a comma right before launch
- Create product narratives and content frameworks that explain and justify your recommendations. Then, ensure consistency across all consumer touch points (think product names, labels and navigational elements, emails, tutorials, and notifications)
- Create and implement experiences that balance user, business, and brand needs
- Proactively share and collaborate with fellow writers to educate and ensure consistency — both in message and voice
- Carry out the NerdWallet mission by making financial terms, products, and services feel human and accessible with language that brings the brand to life, even in the smallest microcopy
- Collaborate and build relationships; seek out opportunities to connect across the company and look for how to combine, align, and amplify efforts
- Maintain and evolve our voice and tone guidelines
- Always think about product strategy and vision (not just ‘what it should say’ but ‘what we should build’)
- Strive to partner cross-functionally to build the very best product/user experiences
- Thrive in an environment of fast feedback loops and a mindset of rapid prototyping and iteration
- Understand the technical limitations behind the copy/experience and communicate your ideas to engineers
- Have experience building and shipping web and/or mobile products
- 5+ years of experience as a UX/Product writer or UX/Product Content Strategist
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets
- A knack for distilling complicated topics into language anyone can grasp
- Passion for great user experiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Proficiency with agile methodologies
- Experience writing about financial products
- Working knowledge of Figma
Please include a link to your portfolio.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity and Inclusion, Womxn, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
401(k) with company match
Maternity and paternity leave
Paid maternity and paternity leave
We have a generous, flexible vacation policy.
Generous, flexible vacation
Catered lunches, dinner, and kitchens stocked with snacks
Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
We offer a stipend to all Nerds for their wellness needs!
Nerds get a stipend to commute to and from work.
Learning and development
Employees are offered a $500 enrichment stipend for learning and development in their roles.
Company happy hours, social events, and outings
Nerds can attend company sponsored volunteer events.
NerdWallet at a glance
NerdWallet focuses on Internet, Financial Services, Personal Finance, Finance Technology, and Advice. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, NerdWallet has raised $110M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2015.