automating SMB tax
We are a seed-stage startup founded by an ex-Intuit Product Manager, an ex-IRS Agent, and a Stanford ML PhD looking to hire a Software Engineer. We are well-funded (just closed a seed round with prominent VCs / angels) and have traction (we’ve generated $250k+ revenue in <2 months with our MVP).
Small businesses are the lifeblood of the economy, and tax is one of the most difficult and stressful parts of running a small business. We’re building a world-class team to upend (we hate the word “disrupt”) the ancient, archaic, and recession-proof industry of business taxes.
The opportunity for impact is very significant: make a very painful problem that millions of small businesses expereince disappear.
Automating taxes is a difficult but solvable problem: (1) large set of constraints; (2) well-defined data model; (3) clear objective function that must be optimized; and a (4) finite search space of possible solutions.
We are looking for a highly skilled generalist software engineer who is comfortable with both front- (React) and back-end (node, Nest.js, GraphQL) programming.
You will be responsible for developing and designing front-end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications, and working alongside UI/UX designers for web design features, among other duties.
Full Stack Developers will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
Full Stack Developer Responsibilities:
- Developing front-end website architecture. (Expertise in React is preferred.)
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back-end website applications. (Expertise in Nest.js and GraphQL preferred.)
- Administering and maintaining server deployments. (Expertise in Kubernetes preferred.)
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile and tablet users.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside UI/UX designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
Full Stack Developer Requirements:
- Strong background in Computer Science and software engineering (a degree in Computer Science is preferred, but not required).
- Ability to work quickly and independently—this is a startup! Strong preference for generalists.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- (Preferred) Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL and GraphQL.
- (Preferred) Familiarity with Kubernetes.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
Meet your team
neo.tax at a glance
neo.tax focuses on Small and Medium Businesses and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Mountain View. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://neo.tax