Modern Banking. Rewardful Spending
Head of Finance
At Harvest, we’re a team of world-class builders, operators, and investors who have started companies from a napkin, grown to millions of users, raised capital from investors, and successfully scaled companies towards exit.
We’ve done it before. We started Harvest to build the next generation of globally-competitive companies, right here in the Prairies.
We don’t place a large number of bets, we’re looking to co-build lifelong relationships with meaningful companies.
Harvest is currently seeking qualified applicants for our Head of Financial Operations. The individual in this role will be working with high-growth startups from all over the Canadian Prairies (and beyond) to co-build the next wave of regional technology companies.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee Harvest's Financial operations, making them available to Harvest portfolio companies and to external startups
- Oversee servicing of financing & venture capital support, structuring and deal oversight for Harvest portfolio companies
- Develop internal corporate financial accounting, controls, models and structuring for Harvest portfolio companies
- Monitor progress and benchmark success metrics for Harvest portfolio companies
- Oversee due diligence for M&A projects and the subsequent integration of acquisitions
- Steer financial reporting & closing processes (tax, regulatory, ratings, internal, reporting requirements)
- Establish analytics tools to vet and de-risk opportunities and direct market intelligence
- Team up with Harvest department heads to develop strategy, positioning, and roll-out of Harvest service offerings across various Western Canadian hubs
- Work directly with all other teams in support of building and scaling Harvest's portfolio companies
Who we're looking for:
- Minimum 8 years of leadership experience in consulting, banking, start-ups, venture capital, or private equity
- Industry leading certifications are preferred, such as CFA, CAIA, CIC, FRM or CPA
- Strong track record of success in past investments, consulting projects and/or entrepreneurial experience
What will help you succeed:
- Previous experience in a high-performance environment (consulting, banking, start-ups, venture capital, private equity)
- Experience that combines day-to-day execution, along with strategic planning, business analytics, and project management
- Excellent EQ - managing relationships with a large external network of partners, as well as building and managing an internal team
- Entrepreneurial DNA - comfortable building a business from the ground up, making decisions in the face of ambiguity (but make data-driven decisions when possible) and dealing with major challenges along the way with poise
- Leadership - you are a leader who knows how to motivate a team and build community
- Exceptional communication skills - you are an effective communicator who can inspire trust and confidence
At Harvest, you have the opportunity to work with industry-leading technology in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. It will be challenging work, but at the same time much more exciting and fulfilling than a regular 9-5 job. Why not be part of building major Canadian tech companies founded in the Prairies while gaining real hands-on experience that matters?