Modern Banking. Rewardful Spending
Strategy & Operations Associate
Be connected to a mission.
At Neo, we strive to remove the friction and anxiety of everyday spending and saving by bringing together thoughtful technology, beautiful design and challenging the status quo. We’re a group of people who believe that you can live life to the fullest when you’re not worried about your financial well being. We seek to redefine people's relationship with money.
This is the ground level.
You have the opportunity to contribute to the goal of financial well being for all in a high impact way. This goal is so important that every day, decision and person matters in pursuit of achieving it. It will be challenging work, but you will be gaining experience that matters, alongside people who care as much as you do.
What you'll be doing:
- Design Neo’s operational reporting to monitor and drive improvement across key business metrics as we grow and scale
- Build forecasting tools and models to support the development of targets and KPIs within Neo’s business plan
- Assist decision making through the application of data-driven analysis, research, and business judgement
- Identify and drive strategic initiatives and projects to deliver business improvement
- Create, scale, and improve processes and operations
- Work closely with our Marketing and Product teams to support growth initiatives and product improvements
Who we're looking for:
- You are intellectually curious, and won’t stop investigating a problem until you have identified the root causes
- You are a structured and logical thinker, capable of taking a business and breaking it down into its component parts
- You are highly analytical, have strong attention to detail and ability to tackle complex problems
- You have entrepreneurial DNA - you're excited to build a business from the ground up, are comfortable making decisions in the face of ambiguity, and aren't discouraged by the inevitable challenges that will arise along the way
- You take ownership over your work and outcomes
- You're an effective communicator with strong organizational skills
- You’re passionate about building world-class products with a world-class team
What will help you succeed:
- 2+ years experience in management consulting, investment banking, business strategy, engineering and/or operational improvement roles
- Strong expertise with spreadsheets and creating ad-hoc reports
- Experience with BI platforms and data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Domo, Qlik, etc.) is an asset
- Experience with statistical analysis and advanced analytics methods (e.g. segmentation modelling, decision trees, multivariate regressions) is an asset
- University Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics or other relevant fields
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you have the opportunity to work with industry-leading technology in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. It will be challenging but at the same time much more exciting and fulfilling than a regular 9-5 job. Why not be part of building a major Canadian tech company founded in Calgary while gaining real hands-on experience that matters?