Modern Banking. Rewardful Spending
Head of Merchant Accounts
Be connected to a mission.
At Neo, we strive to remove the friction and anxiety of everyday spending and saving by bringing together thoughtful technology, beautiful design and challenging the status quo. We’re a group of people who believe that you can live life to the fullest when you’re not worried about your financial well being. We seek to redefine people's relationship with money.
This is the ground level.
You have the opportunity to contribute to the goal of financial well being for all in a high impact way. This goal is so important that every day, decision and person matters in pursuit of achieving it. It will be challenging work, but you will be gaining experience that matters, alongside people who care as much as you do.
What you'll be doing:
- Build and lead a team of Account Managers that will execute on our collective strategic vision
- Grow a portfolio of powerful customer rewards
- Consult with merchant partners of all sizes and enable them to acquire, grow and retain customers through Neo
- Help to develop and execute operational excellence and growth strategies for existing merchant partners
- Assess and establish goalsImprove existing processes and workflows
- Create, distribute, and present impactful and insightful reporting on performance
- Work cross-functionally and serve as the liaison between our team, our partners, and Neo sales, product, support, marketing, and operations teams
- Work cross-functionally to deepen relationships with our Salesforce and engineering development teams to improve our internal tools for our teams
Who we're looking for:
- You’re a builder: You've built teams from the ground up and have experience directly managing a team of 10+ or more people
- You love working directly with clients, you create and maintain long term relationships
- You are a strong people leader with a natural ability to motivate a team, set and achieve targets, and manage career growth and performance
- You have a mind and talent for process improvement
- You are comfortable making tough decisions that balance the trade-off between time, resources and scope
- You are organized and have demonstrated the ability to balance multiple projects at once
- You are a problem solver at core, with a strong bias for action
- You like rolling up your sleeves as much as you like the big picture
- You’re comfortable with a fast pace; we move quick and are defining an entire industry
- You have 7+ years of experience in client-facing roles including management consulting, sales, investment banking, or partnerships; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- You have a strong analytical and execution background - the ability to identify and implement growth opportunities
- Demonstrated experience driving customer growth through marketplace partnerships
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you have the opportunity to work with industry-leading technology in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. It will be challenging but at the same time much more exciting and fulfilling than a regular 9-5 job. Why not be part of building a major Canadian tech company founded in Calgary while gaining real hands-on experience that matters?