Modern Banking. Rewardful Spending
Customer Experience Specialist$30k – $100k • 0.0% – 1.0%
Be connected to a mission.
At Neo, we strive to remove the friction and anxiety of everyday spending and saving by bringing together thoughtful technology, beautiful design and challenging the status quo. We’re a group of people who believe that you can live life to the fullest when you’re not worried about your financial well being. We seek to redefine people's relationship with money.
This is the ground level.
You have the opportunity to contribute to the goal of financial well being for all in a high impact way. This goal is so important that every day, decision and person matters in pursuit of achieving it. It will be challenging work, but you will be gaining experience that matters, alongside people who care as much as you do.
What you'll be doing:
- Serve as the frontline for customer support by solving problems and answering questions in a timely, professional, and friendly manner
- Engage our customers across a variety of channels including chat, email, phone and text to meet our customers needs the way they want to be communicated with
- Help customers who need assistance in understanding the functionality and services available through the Neo App
- Be a champion and the voice of our customers by sharing feedback internally to drive a continuous improvement of our customer experience and products
- Provide long term solutions and support to our customers by escalating bugs and product issues
- Learn, build and actively maintain a high level of expertise on Neo’s product and processes and use that knowledge daily to effectively resolve customer issues
- Phone and email cardholders to help them avoid additional interest charges or derogatory information on their credit reports
Who we're looking for:
- You care about people, and are the first person to offer a hand to help
- You are energetic, resourceful, and able to react quickly and professionally in all situations
- You are financially literate, and can simplify complex topics in a way people can easily understand
- You like spotting patterns of issues, and proactively finding ways to fix them
- You have entrepreneurial DNA - you're excited to build a business from the ground up, are comfortable making decisions in the face of ambiguity, and aren't discouraged by the inevitable challenges that will arise along the way
- You take ownership over your work and outcomes
- You're an effective communicator with strong organizational skills
- You’re passionate about building world-class products with a world-class team
What will help you succeed:
- 2+ years experience in customer facing roles
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an acute attention to detail
- Very organized and capable of prioritizing tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle customer issues resourcefully and with completeness compassion, polished communication and empathy
- Experience managing, prioritizing, and categorizing a high volume of emails — support ticketing software experience a plus
- Able to excel in a team environment. Relates well to people from all backgrounds and fosters the teamwork approach
- Strong experience in Google Suite, MS Office and Web based portal computer skills
- Experience in financial services or with financial products is an asset
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you have the opportunity to work with industry-leading technology in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. It will be challenging but at the same time much more exciting and fulfilling than a regular 9-5 job. Why not be part of building a major Canadian tech company founded in Calgary while gaining real hands-on experience that matters?