Helping people to find trusted day care providing services in their neighborhoods
Full Stack Software Engineer$80k – $120k • 0.1% – 1.0%
You will have the opportunity to:
- deploy code to production frequently, often several times a day.
- review code from your teammates.
- work to build excellent user interfaces that our customers love.
- design internal processes that help us build more reliable code faster.
- be excited to work across all aspects of our product and technology stack.
Our product is a web platform that:
- guides child care providers through opening & operating a licensed home daycare
- includes tools for operations, such as expense tracking and attendance tracking.
- provides profiles where providers can market their programs.
- allows parents to browse programs and enroll their children.
- GraphQL (Apollo Client & Server)
- Material UI
We believe this particular stack is well suited to our problem space because our platform will require dozens of unique pages with a large set of data models, and these technologies excel at scaling horizontally in such a manner.
Candidates are not required to have experience in these technologies, but it is important that they have an interest in learning and growing as a full stack web developer.
We are building a team of people who:
- Care about the quality of their code, but can also balance priorities against perfection.
- Think critically about what they are working on and are willing to speak up if they have a new idea.
- Care deeply about the end user experience.
- Have humility and understand that we all write code that may have to be refactored one day after gaining a better understanding of the problem.
- Are eager to learn and grow.
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity
- Medical, dental & vision
- Mentorship & professional development opportunities
- Supportive management & teammates
- Choice of laptop and workstation
- Flexible time off
Meet your team
Medical, dental, vision
Mentorship & support
NeighborSchools at a glance
NeighborSchools focuses on Marketplaces, Startups, Software, Underserved Children, and Child Care. Their company has offices in Boston. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, NeighborSchools has raised $3.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.