Internet of things
Sr. Java Developer (Backend)$120k – $156k • 0.05% – 0.2%
We are looking for an individual with strong backend development experience. The team member will be responsible for working with the product manager, web and mobile app development and firmware engineering team. The ideal candidate should have experience building highly scalable data focused backend systems with high write through put and complex queries. The individual is expected to participate in development of algorithms, machine learning and training systems to make sense of the collected data, develop meaningful analytics and extract actionable insights for customers.
We are based in downtown Palo Alto. Please apply here or connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8 plus years experience in design and implementation of large scale, highly available and fault tolerant distributed systems
- Experience in Java, Groovy, Grails and related frameworks
- Experience in data modeling as it applies to inventory/ordering/usage analytics or similar application domain
- Experience with MySQL or an equivalent database
- Experience in designing and building RESTful API services
- Experience with developing connectors to external systems
- Experience in designing and scaling applications in the cloud
- Team player who can collaborate, prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivering high quality code
- DevOps experience in deploying and managing services in AWS
- Bachelors or Advance Degree in Computer Science or similar field required
Nectar at a glance
Nectar focuses on Hospitality, Internet of Things, and Hardware + Software. Their company has offices in Palo Alto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Nectar has raised $16.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.