We are the premiere gateway to Latin America’s top tech talent
Senior Java & React Developer$30k – $60k
WHO WE ARE
We are a growing start-up with amazing opportunities!
Nearsure was created to help US-based companies augment their software development teams efficiently. By being remote-first and connecting with developers across Latin America, we can access top tech talent while keeping a lean organizational structure.
Our reach spans thousands of IT professionals, with skills in multiple industries and technologies. We have a fully distributed team working remotely from Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay and we want to keep expanding all over Latin America!
We are looking for a Senior Web Developer with Java and React expertise to work from home for a challenging project in the US. You will be joining the team of an e-commerce company to work on improving and evolving their current products.
The successful candidate will also collaborate and communicate remotely with a team of other Engineers, QAs, Scrum Masters and Product Owners to deliver code with a strong focus on quality, using agile methodologies.
At this opportunity we are building a co-located team, selected candidates will have to work from our offices in Medellin, Colombia. This is a full-time position with a 40-hours workload per week.
● 5+ years of professional experience in an engineering role
● Expertise in web development with Java + Spring + React
● Understanding of Aurora and Postgresql
● Knowledge of jQuery, Git
● Familiarity with AWS (ECS, EC2, RDS, S3)
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● A trustworthy, goal-oriented team player with organizational and time-management skills
● Able to collaborate and communicate efficiently in a distributed team
● Experience working with agile methodologies
● Experience working for clients in the US
WHAT WE OFFER
● A cool and relaxed work environment
● Flexible working hours.
● Work from home 2 days per week.
● Integrate a growing team with great opportunities for professional growth and a friendly, multicultural environment with a great company culture.
● Take part in challenging projects for distributed companies in the US
● A tailor-made benefits package focused on health, wellbeing, entertainment, training and personal finances available for you to choose what you really care about.
Also, at the office you will have:
● Fruit snacks and hot beverages every day at the office.
● Social events and team building. Breakfast and Beer Fridays.
● In-house English classes.
● Office breakfast on Thursdays.
● Monthly massage sessions.
We are a remote-first, multicultural start-up looking for the best talent in Latin America. Don’t hesitate to apply if you feel you are a good fit for this position!
Paternity or maternity leave
Total number of days in accordance with country of residence
Work from home
Our team members work from the comfort of their own home, in their own personalized workspace created to meet their specific needs and with a flexible working schedule.
Paid time off
Annual leave, National holidays and sick time. Total number of days in accordance with country of residence.
As a distributed team, we like to send each team member a cake or a breakfast basket to celebrate birthdays, wherever they are located
Health and wellness
We have a tailor-made benefits package focused on health, wellbeing, entertainment, training and financial wellness, so that team members can choose the benefits they consider most important and make the most of working from home.
We organize open webinars to discuss interesting topics related to the software developing industry. These events are a great way of helping team members gain notoriety as well as an opportunity to continue growing together as a company.
Work in challenging projects for distributed companies in the U.S., with innovating products created by cutting-edge technologies and modern languages.
Integrate a growing team with great opportunities for professional growth and a friendly, multicultural environment with a great company culture.
Nearsure at a glance
Nearsure focuses on Web Development, Software Engineering, and Mobile Application. Their company has offices in Argentina, California, Mexico, Colombia, and Uruguay. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://nearsure.net/