Making health data accessible and actionable
Senior Healthcare Data Analyst
At CareJourney, we provide actionable analytics for healthcare organizations using patient data in the drive to value-based care. We are a fast-growing start-up in Arlington, VA that builds software products to serve industry-leading customers that include Pfizer, Humana, and Microsoft. Our founders and leadership developed the policy and technology in the public and private sector that shape the work we do today. We are looking for driven professionals that are excited to join a growing business where they will have a strong voice in the direction and success of the company. Our culture embraces teamwork and cross-functional collaboration for a fun and exciting environment.
Our team is looking for a talented, motivated, and high-performing Senior Data Analyst to join our team. The Data Analyst will participate in creating data table enrichments, analyzing data, developing visualizations, and supporting the development and deployment of CareJourney’s suite of insights, products, and services to its client-base.
- Lead and mentor a team of data analysts to build a body of content across all our data products by interpreting and/or defining the needs and directing work accordingly.
- Pro-actively engage with cross capability and new business teams to ensure understanding of the analytics offering, spot new opportunities, and ensure insights are put into action.
- Create data mining architectures/models/protocols, statistical reporting, and data analysis methodologies to identify trends and derive insights from large data sets.
- Develop health claim data analytics models to identify and grow our data offerings.
- 6-10 years of experience in analytics or comparable experience
- Minimum of 4 years' experience working in healthcare analytics/informatics team combined with experience in healthcare claims or EHR data
- M.S. or Ph.D. from a statistics, mathematics, computer science, computational social science or operations research program is preferred.
- Experience with health care, particularly with health care claims data preferably
- Strong business acumen and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis: regression, predictive modeling, collaborative filtering, etc. and analytical modeling using large datasets.
- Experience working in an agile development environment (Scrum or similar).
- Strong knowledge of SQL language and ability and passion for working with large quantities of data and extracting meaningful insights from databases.
- Experience with analytics tools such as SAS, Tableau, Power BI, and languages including Python and R
- Experience developing analytics solutions using modern and/or traditional data architectures (Data Lakes, NoSQL Databases, Cloud Databases, Relational DBs)
- Ability to move easily between technical activities and providing insights to executives or customer.
- Strong problem-solving aptitude with an ability to define practical yet scalable approaches to analytics needs supported by quantitative or qualitative analysis
- Experience in business process analysis, data architecture design and development as well as the implementation of workflow enabled solutions
About CareJourney – CareJourney is trusted by leaders and innovators in the payer, provider, and pharmaceutical industries, including numerous Fortune 500 organizations, to provide clinically-relevant insights with the goal of uncovering opportunities for better health outcomes. CareJourney deploys its insights on a longitudinal view of patients to evaluate care network performance and population outcomes. Leveraging a growing library of open and customizable models, we identify patient populations of greatest need and cost, align them with the most relevant care plans and networks, and track adherence over time for use in evaluating the impact of providers, facilities, and medications on outcomes. Founded in 2014, CareJourney is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.