Software designed to power your organizations, movements, and campaigns
Customer Support Technician
At NationBuilder we create software for leaders. We work with political candidates and parties, nonprofit organizations, community organizers, and anyone else trying to make something happen in the world. Our customers come in all shapes and sizes, from small town organizers trying to win their school board election, to the largest political parties, candidates, and NGOs in the world. To learn more about NationBuilder, read about our mission and beliefs.
The Customer Support team provides customer service and technical support by empowering customers to accomplish what they need to set them up for success. The Customer Support Technician holds responsibility for reactive technical support requests for the company. The Customer Support Technician’s role is to field and answer technical support requests efficiently and accurately. Our technicians are world-class customer support professionals that are constantly deepening their knowledge of the software and honing the skills required to help customers resolve their problems.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Help customers resolve their technical issues over the phone, email and messenger.
- Provide a world-class support experience for our customers by embodying a helpful, friendly, and empathetic attitude.
- Develop expertise in the NationBuilder platform and working proficiency in email deliverability, DNS and theme by leveraging internal tools, such as Sendgrid, and DNS Made Easy.
- Manage a high volume of emails and phone calls with a positive, professional, and helpful attitude.
- Document and troubleshoot product issues on the platform using our internal reporting tools.
- Monitor and review customer account user submitted content for pernicious activity using internal tools.
- Stay abreast of new NationBuilder product features and improvements.
- Identify and clearly report customer issues to other teams as appropriate within NationBuilder.
- Support the rest of the company on cross-functional issues when required.
Required areas of expertise and knowledge:
- Someone known among friends and family for being helpful.
- Someone who exudes empathy, is calm under pressure, and has a can-do attitude.
- Someone with strong reading-comprehension and listening skills, with the ability to identify the root of a customer’s need.
- Someone who relishes working in an open and collaborative environment.
- An excellent communicator on the phone and through email. Someone with excellent grammar and spelling skills, and fast, accurate typing.
- A voracious learner, constantly curious about how things work.
- At ease fielding technical questions and relentless when it comes to finding answers.
- Comfortable using tools such as Slack, Intercom and Google Docs on a daily basis.
- Willing to work weekend shifts.
- Experience with HTML and CSS, and an ability to troubleshoot website issues.
- Preferably, someone experienced in customer-facing service, such as retail, hospitality, online support, etc.
Compensation: The customer support technician role pays hourly at the rate of $22/hour.
NationBuilder is an equal opportunity employer and we value inclusion. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please submit your resume and tell us which NationBuilder value you identify with in 280 characters or less!
NationBuilder at a glance
NationBuilder focuses on Nonprofits, Politics, Advocacy, and Higher Education. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, Detroit, and Washington DC. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, NationBuilder has raised $34.75M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2013.