NASA hasn't added any jobs yet
Get notified when NASA posts new jobs.
Latest Stories and News
- this week
- SpaceX, the private rocket company of billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk, launched two Americans toward orbit from Florida on Saturday in a mission that marks the first spaceflight of NASA astronauts from U.S. soil in nine years.
- A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket lifted off from the Kennedy Space Center at 3:22 p.m. EDT, launching Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken on a 19-hour ride aboard the company’s newly designed Crew Dragon capsule bound for the International Space Station.
- Crew Dragon separated from its second stage booster at 3:35 and has entered orbit.
- The Verge
- 1 week ago
- Ahead of this week’s launch of SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft, NASA is working to keep the enduring threat of COVID-19 at bay during the historic launch.
- If successful, the launch will not only break the US’s nine-year drought of crewed launches to the ISS, but it will also make history as the first time a private spacecraft has carried people into orbit.
- For this launch, NASA is spreading them out between different rooms. They’ll disinfect rooms regularly and put up Plexiglas between different work stations.
- Extreme caution is already being taken with the Crew Dragon’s astronauts - they have been in quarantine since May 13th (crews heading to space always quarantine for a period of time before a launch to minimize the chance that they’re taking an infectious disease of any kind into space).
- In addition to protecting the astronauts and ground crew, NASA is also limiting the number of visitors who can come to the space center to watch the launch,
- The Verge
- 2 weeks ago
Lil Nas X’s “Panini,” NASA’s social media presence, Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty line, and John Krasinski’s Some Good News YouTube show are among the winners of this year’s Webby Awards.
The annual awards show celebrates the wide variety of things that happen online, from websites and podcasts to design and data visualizations to video series and social media accounts, and they tend to touch on a big swath of what happened in the preceding year.