Helping retailers treat customers the way they've always wanted to—but didn't know how
Technical Support Engineer
a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Glossier, Home Depot, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 600+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Bangalore, together we've served over 400 million consumers worldwide across 7 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be the department subject matter expert and will serve as the escalation point in resolving customer complaints and/or complex issues. You’ll work closely with customers, team members, and other departments to serve as a driving force to provide world-class service levels. You’ll help to identify areas of improvement and assist in implementing new troubleshooting methods to provide effective solutions for our clients.
what you’ll do
- Troubleshoot production problems with software products for and with customers
- Respond to cases in our support ticketing system in a timely manner and manage a backlog of pending cases while maintaining the quality of support provided
- Identify and report bugs using JIRA
- Continue to build our knowledge basis by authoring solutions
- Attend triage to discuss customer impact and status and report back to the support team (this includes communication of customer impact to all internal customer-facing teams)
- Manage technical escalations for other support members, provide status updates, and drive them to successful resolution
- Continuously improve customer service, productivity, and processes
- Adhere to company policies and procedures regarding customer handling processes, service entitlement verification, and problem escalation
- Perform special projects and duties as assigned
what we’re looking for
- You have 4+ years of direct customer contact experience, preferably in the retail business space
- You have a degree in information systems, computer science, or related experience
- You have a solid understanding of relational database concepts, SQL query statements, Java/Python development knowledge, JSON and CSS, HTML, Basic understanding of HTTP methods- GET vs POST, working with third party/external APIs
- You have both effective verbal and written communications skills
- You are able to prioritize and when required, delegate to others to achieve department goals and internal/external customer satisfaction
- You are familiar with escalation processes and able to manage all aspects of customer support issues
- You have strong cognitive skills including analysis, problem-solving, and attention to detail, with the ability to resolve basic and complex technical problems and handle customer requests
- Ability to work well as a member of a large team spanning multiple cultures and time zones
- Experience with VCS (version control systems) like Github is a plus.
- Ability to multitask and own several projects simultaneously
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
comprehensive health coverage and a flexible spending account
Life insurance policy
generous paid leave for all new parents
take-what-you-need vacation policy
Daily catered lunch
unlimited snacks and drinks from our fully-stocked kitchen
$500 per year for health & wellness expenses
monthly stipend for parking, public transit, and other commuter options
Narvar at a glance
Narvar focuses on SaaS, E-Commerce, Retail, Supply Chain Management, and Shipping. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Silicon Valley, London, Paris, and Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Narvar has raised $64M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2018.