Providing better banking technology to over 11,500 financial institutions
Senior UI/UX Product Designer$90k – $130k • 0.05% – 0.25%
Who We Are:
Narmi transforms America’s financial institutions into digital-first institutions. Over the past three years, we’ve grown 100%+ year-over-year, have built and implemented multiple products and have established one of the highest net revenue retention (i.e. how much revenue increases from your existing customer base) metrics in our industry. This means our customers love us and want to buy more products from us.
Our award-winning digital banking and digital account opening platforms have moved millions of dollars and opened thousands of accounts since inception. In fact, the #1 online bank in the country (Radius Bank), leverages Narmi for their entire digital bank: https://www.bankrate.com/banking/best-online-banks/
Narmi's Co-Founders previously ran a financial institution as CEO and CTO so understand the challenges and needs of the market first-hand. This gives us a unique competitive advantage and heavily influences our product and engineering efforts.
People are critical is Narmi’s success and we’re looking for our lead digital product designer that’s self-motivated, ready, able & willing to work across the design spectrum. You'll lead design efforts on our latest features and spend time with our existing customers to understand pain points and where our user experience could be improved. You'll have decision-making power over design processes and also a lead voice in our quarterly product roadmap discussions. Your job will be to ensure UI/UX continues to be one of the most appreciated parts of the Narmi Platform!
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and own the entire product design process - from research and conceptual design to visual design, UI and UX
- Work closely and iteratively with the product/engineering team to advance ideas into reality, and balance engineering effort with ideal design
- Establish a style guide and bring cohesion and consistency to the visual aspects of our brand
- Establish a design system to allow you to design consistently, prototype faster, iterate more quickly, manage design debt, and scale design (both in terms of team and product)
- Occasionally help with creative work to support sales and marketing
An ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of UI/UX design experience across mobile and online products
- Experience in branding, visual design, UI and UX
- A strong understanding of the engineering effort required to bring designs to life
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS and JS (bonus points for experience with modern reactive frameworks
- Have native proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Be located or willing to work in New York City
- Be a citizen of the United States or authorized to work in the United States
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups.