A high-tech company that believing in the right tools for quality neuroscience research
Regional Account Manager
As the center of the NanoString Commercial Operating System, a successful Regional Account Manager (RAM) will provide strategic direction and tactical focus within the assigned territory. Clear strategic intentions convey the local team’s purpose making it clear how everyone can contribute and make their mark to meet and beat quota. The Regional Account Manager is responsible for identifying and establishing relationships with new customer accounts for the sale of capital equipment, nCounter & GeoMx along with pilot projects leading to instrument sales. The RAM will work closely with the Life Sciences commercial teams including Field Application Scientists, Key Account Managers, Technical Sales Specialist, Regional Marketing and Inside Sales to ensure successful partnering to achieve territory revenue goals.
Territory: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana and Michigan
- **** Establish relationships with new accounts and secure sales with new customers that achieve assigned sales quotas including monthly and quarterly linearity targets.
- Drive the entire capital equipment sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales including pilot projects.
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking and partnering with FAS and ISR.
- Partner with KAMs (Key Account Managers) to identify key consumable customers as prospects for additional instrument sales into existing installed account.
- Qualify prospects against company criteria for ideal customers and sales stage gating.
- Consult with prospect about business challenges and requirements, as well as the range of options and value proposition of each.
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
- Identify and present to key decision makers including senior executives and managers.
- Work with technical support and marketing product specialists where required to address customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain territory plans with the TSS, KAM, FAS and ISR, which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain key account plans that identify opportunities for company to deliver value, strategic motivators, main stakeholders, buying processes and forecasted sales.
- Highly effective CRM management including detailed notes on prospect and customer interactions and funnel management to enable forecasts on best case and most likely sales revenue for current and next quarter.
- Cultivate strong relationships with third party and partner companies that may be required to deliver full solutions to customers (ie. cell sorting and quality antibodies).
- Partner with Marketing to plan and execute lead generation campaigns.
- Provide feedback to sales management on ways to decrease the sales cycle, enhance sales, and improve company brand and reputation.
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings.
- Identify sales support requirements and work with marketing to develop improved sales tools.
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace.
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
- MS or BS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field
- Strong understanding and familiarity with gene expression technologies including qPCR, microarray analysis and Next Generation Sequencing
- Minimum of 5 or more years of field experience with a proven track record of success.
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time (territory dependent).
- Ability to create and deliver highly effective presentations
- Highly self-motivated with a desire to participate in the growth and success of the commercial team
- Effective organizational and administration skills including CRM and process documentation experience with a focus on accuracy and efficiency
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Ability to effectively participate in cross functional teams to launch new products or investigate customer issues
- Laboratory experience preferred
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact email@example.com
NanoString Technologies at a glance
NanoString Technologies focuses on Biotechnology, Medical, and Diagnostics. Their company has offices in Seattle. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, NanoString Technologies has raised $222.75M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2017.