Nana is up-skilling the 10M people who will lose their jobs because of tech automation
Senior Backend Engineer$110k – $140k • 0.15% – 0.33%
Our growing team is seeking a hands-on Backend or Full-stack Engineer to work on our Node/Express (and React) stack. If that’s you, we want you to come join us - virtually for now, and open to actual remote placements - while we develop the future of work.
We are a small, highly effective team, and you can have a big influence on our codebase and the product at large. We’re looking for smart, experienced, and startup-minded candidates who are excited to roll up their sleeves, debate programming esoterica, produce beautiful, well-commented commits after incorporating review feedback, write a few tests along the way, and generally live the dream with us.
Nana operates a home appliance repair marketplace, connecting technicians with the right skills to consumers, property management companies and home warranty providers with repair needs. Along the way we are building a learning management system to help upskill existing technicians and bring new workers into the trade. We're on a mission to create 100,000 jobs for people whose future employment opportunities may currently be threatened by rising automation. We operate a couple of backend services, have lots of interesting integration points with 3rd-party services, and a number of front-end properties and apps. We're in a fun phase of optimizing our systems and product to really improve the customer experience, so come build something excellent with us.
Preferences / Requirements:
- 5+ years backend experience
- A passion for building beautiful, efficient, user-friendly products
- BS+ in Computer Science. If not, at least know what kind of stuff you missed out on.
What we are offering:
- Really great coworkers. Folks to teach and folks to learn from.
- A meaningful mission that centers around up-skilling people and helping them find work.
- Competitive compensation, including Seed-series equity in a company with significant upside opportunities.
- Medical/Dental Benefits
- A sick view from the Tribune Tower, which we will hopefully be able to enjoy again someday soon
Meet your team
Nana at a glance
Nana focuses on Education, Marketplaces, Artificial Intelligence, Lifestyle, and Home Automation. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and Oakland. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.