Nana is up-skilling the 10M people who will lose their jobs because of tech automation
Senior Frontend Engineer, React$110k – $140k • 0.15% – 0.33%
Our growing team is seeking a hands-on Senior Frontend or Full-stack Engineer, with strong opinions loosely held on front-end development and React in particular. If that’s you, we want you to come join us - virtually for now, and open to actual remote placements - while we develop the future of work.
We are a small, highly effective team, and you can have a big influence on our codebase and the product at large. We’re looking for smart, experienced, and startup-minded candidates who are excited to roll up their sleeves, debate programming esoterica, produce beautiful, well-commented commits after incorporating review feedback, write a few tests along the way, and generally live the dream with us.
Nana operates a home appliance repair marketplace, connecting technicians with the right skills to consumers, property management companies and home warranty providers with repair needs. Along the way we are building a learning management system to help upskill existing technicians and bring new workers into the trade. We're on a mission to create 100,000 jobs for people whose future employment opportunities may currently be threatened by rising automation. Our existing React properties consist of a consumer-facing site, a technician-facing site, and an internal-facing admin portal, along with React Native mobile apps for consumers and technicians.
Preferences / Requirements:
- 6+ years in JS. 10+ years and ES6+ experience desired
- Professional experience in React
- A passion for building beautiful, efficient, user-friendly products
- A keen eye for web aesthetics
- BS+ in Computer Science. If not, at least know what kind of stuff you missed out on.
What we are offering:
- Really great coworkers. Folks to teach and folks to learn from.
- A meaningful mission that centers around up-skilling people and helping them find work.
- Competitive compensation, including Seed-series equity in a company with significant upside opportunities.
- Medical/Dental Benefits
- A sick view from the Tribune Tower
Meet your team
Nana at a glance
Nana focuses on Education, Marketplaces, Artificial Intelligence, Lifestyle, and Home Automation. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and Oakland. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.