Senior Back-End Python Developer$130k – $190k
We are a fintech company developing a platform focused on innovating the transaction processes for complex financing transactions. Our platform will revolutionize capital raising and trading to create new value in the financial ecosystem.
We are currently discussing collaborative partnerships with major financial institutions, companies and others in the finance ecosystem. We have secured investments from major financial technology investors, including a global financial institution and are commencing a beta launch of our platform with a few global financial institutions and companies.
You will be collaborating with our CTO, CEO, other developers and our analytics team to develop and implement the vision of the overall platform. The role will primarily focus on extracting structured and unstructured data from complex finance documents using a proprietary extraction framework utilizing proprietary NLP techniques.
In addition, the role also includes the following responsibilities:
• Designing, developing, and delivering new features and capabilities into production
• Development of proprietary NLP algorithms utilizing, in part, spaCy, NLTK and others
• Development of reusable code and libraries for use by the development team
• Development of additional tools and interfaces to create further efficiencies and precision in our data extraction methodology
• Extending platform architecture by designing and developing APIs, data modeling techniques, and enhancing deployment methodologies
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years’ experience in a start-up environment or a financial institution with strong computer science fundamentals and a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field. In particular, the candidate will have:
• Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework
• Professional experience creating and deploying production-grade Python applications
• Experience using Amazon Web Services for development and production applications, with an emphasis on automated build and deployment, high availability, and scale
• Experience developing and deploying microservice-based applications
• Experience with high-performance natural language processing techniques using NLP libraries such as spaCy and NLTK
• Experience writing regular expressions for the purpose of text identification and extraction
• Strong understanding of DevOps and Continuous Delivery Tools
• Experience with one or more relational database system
• Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as Git, GitLab, Bitbucket
• Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies and Agile development workflow
• Ingenuity, creativity, drive and determination
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
Open to contract to full time hire engagement. The role is based in New York. Potential for Equity allocation.