Events Made Easier
IMPORTANT: Please apply here to be considered, we don't monitor Angel.Co's applications
A Bit About Us
myZone Media is a 100+ people company fully distributed all around the world that provides event professionals with ticketing, marketing, printing, and software development services. Our long-term vision (BHAG) is to become the world’s largest event automation software platform. Our brands include myZone.com, ticketZone.com, Am2Studio.hr and several more. While we do our best to stay focused on the events industry, we serve clients in a broad range of industries including eCommerce, technology, industrial, healthcare, and not-for-profit. You can read more about our company here and by watching this video!
Our Work Environment
myZone works in a results-only work environment (ROWE) so you are provided flexibility in setting your own hours and working from home. Additional benefits of ROWE include no tracking of sick days or vacation time. We were inspired by Dan Pink’s Ted Talk on the science of motivation, and believe that an intrinsically motivated team is the best way to solve the problems of the 21st century (ie: we don’t use carrots or sticks!). We are experts on working remotely, here are some of our team members sharing some tips!
Our Core Values
Having worked in the events & entertainment industry since 2002, we don’t like to take on projects unless they are fun ;) We think big, and have plans to disrupt every industry that we enter. We’re obsessed with operational efficiencies and making things better. We’re constantly pursuing personal and professional development. The world (especially in the technology industry) is changing exponentially faster every year, and our team takes pride in being flexible while responding to new opportunities.
What you'll do:
Doing whatever it takes to help our marketing team in creating engaging, thought-provoking, and all-around awesome content for both myZone (internal projects), and our clients. Responsibilities include:
- You will develop clear, original content with a defined brand tone and personality including, but not limited to: website content, ad copy, email marketing content, newsletters, product copy, and blog articles.
- You will provide proofreading and editing support.
- You will work closely with Sr. Communications Manager and marketing team to help brainstorm ideas and concepts as it relates to content.
- You will ensure brand consistency is maintained throughout all communication materials.
- You will identify gaps in our content, researching industry-related topics and suggesting brilliant ideas on how we can disrupt traditional digital agencies (ok, we’ll give you a little time to grow into that one…)
What you'll bring:
You have 5+ years of full-time content copywriting experience.
- You speak English at an idiomatic level
- You worked in an agency setting and you understand the ever-changing priorities and deadlines of the environment.
- You have advanced writing skills, specifically within content management/writing. You have experience writing multiple types of content, i.e. web copy, blogs, some experience with SEO, email marketing copy, some social, etc. Brand copywriting is an asset.
- You have extraordinary communication skills with a meticulous eye for detail.
- You have a solid understanding of digital marketing. A general understanding of SEO and SEO optimization is an asset.
- You have experience using/creating content within WordPress.
- You have the ability to develop effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment... and we mean fast ;)
- You have a strong desire to learn new skills, improve processes, and continually develop personally and professionally.
- You are passionate about digital marketing in general with a love of words. Pursuing personal marketing projects on the side (blog, Instagram, online portfolio, etc.) is a plus!
Event marketing experience is a plus!
What we'll give you
- Unlimited vacation / sick days.
- Work from home, from anywhere in the world!
- Competitive pay
- Professional development budget; ability to attend conferences, etc.