One-to-one online tuition with high-performing university students
Java Software Engineer (Perm)£65k – £80k
Our current tech stack is a Java/MySQL backend hosted in AWS. Our front end is transitioning to React.js. We are 50+ people (and growing) in a bright open plan office in the heart of Shoreditch close to Spitalfields market and Brick Lane.
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer with Java microservice back end software development experience to help us create a scalable components/apps/microservices based architecture. Being curious about and comfortable with complex code transition is essential to this role, as is being language agnostic.
Skills you may already have
- Experience working as a software engineer in a high-paced, high-change environment
- Experience with J2EE systems (Java Core, Hibernate, JPA, Liquibase, web app servers - JBoss/ Wildfly)
- Experience with integration tools: Bitbucket, GIT, Bamboo, Jenkins, DroneCI, Docker etc.
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Some experience with relational or NoSQL database development (MySQL, Mongo, ElasticSearch, etc)
- Familiarity with development in Java-based backend microservice or serverless technologies (Spring Boot, Drop Wizard, AWS Lambda, etc)
- Comfortable working in an environment aiming to be agile Scrum
- Experience working with inherited codebases and creating entirely new greenfield projects
Build new product functionality
Implement new backend according to our tech strategy
Work with Product Owners to refine stories and explore technology challenges with them early
Research new technologies, methodologies and ideas that can improve the organisation
Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
Build good relationships with key stakeholders, who embrace challenges to their requirements and develop an understanding of the technology these relate to
Contribute constructively in improving agile practices
Work in an always learning organisation
Ability to influence the technology stack and engineering practices in the direction you want
Helping to improve the educational outcomes of thousands of young people
Opportunity to work autonomously and make use of your creative flair
A bright open plan office in the heart of shoreditch close to a vibe of spitalfield market and brick lane
Tuesday Breakfasts, Team lunches, Friday socials and regular team events & outings
25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
Cycle to Work scheme and tech acquisition schemes
A flexible work-from-home policy and option for flexible working hours
Pension according to statutory requirements - at a 3% employer and 5% employee rate
MyTutor at a glance
MyTutor focuses on Education, Technology, Tutoring, and Education Technology. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, MyTutor has raised $15.567M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.