Optimity is building the world’s largest network of people who are measurably healthier
Software Engineer in Test$60k – $90k
Job title: Software Engineer in Test
Reports to: CTO
About the Role
We’re a high-growth, well-funded startup in the heart of downtown Toronto. Our technical teams are working with some of the latest technologies & methodologies. The culture on our teams is collaborative and supportive. Optimity is rapidly growing, and we are now looking to add a Software Engineer in Test to lead our QA process.
In this role you’ll be developing automation frameworks across web, mobile and server platforms. We want you to try to break everything and put it back together! You’ll be working with our Product and Engineering team to define test cases, write and execute test plans, and be the guardian of quality for all deployments!
Optimity is building the world's largest network of people who are measurably healthier. We use behavioural science in gamification, incentives, and the power of communities to nudge consumers in making better healthier choices for themselves, for their families and for the planet.
You will be joining a growing startup where your work and contributions really count. You will have growth opportunities in a variety of skills and career directions. As a key contributor on the team, you will have full autonomy and have the ability to shape the future of the development process. We celebrate wins, learn from our failures, embrace change, invest in each other, and are passionate about learning and growing as individuals and as a team.
How You'll Make a Huge Impact
- Run tests, try and break the app, and put it all back together
- Expand the deployment infrastructure including deployment of builds and automated tests across multiple platforms (REST, Android, iOS, and more)
- Collaborate with product and engineering to define test cases, write and execute test plans
- Report defects in Jira and communicate any issues to the engineering team.
- Manage bug tickets and drive customer issues to closure
Experience and Qualifications
- +1 years of QA experience and are looking to take on a central role at a fast-paced startup
- Experience with or excited about learning automation frameworks such as Expresso, Junit 4, XCTest, Mocha, Chai, Supertest, and Jenkins
What an Amazing Candidate Looks Like
- You are a Software Engineer in Test who takes pride in product quality, is passionate about automating the QA process, and sees opportunity to do better at every turn
- You are a self-initiator who is naturally energized to improve processes, able to prioritize bugs, communicate resolution, and deliver on time
- You are able to execute manual tests but prefer to build a framework to do the hard work for you
- You are interested in developing automation frameworks across web, mobile and server platforms
- Experience as a scrum master is a great asset
- Familiarity working with mock data or stubbing services
- Experience in a role with customer facing responsibilities