Optimity is building the world’s largest network of people who are measurably healthier
Product Designer$60k – $80k
Job title: Product Designer
Reports to: Head of Product
About the Role
We’re a high-growth, well-funded startup in the heart of downtown Toronto. Our technical teams are working with some of the latest technologies & methodologies. The culture on our teams is collaborative and supportive. Optimity is rapidly growing, and we are now looking to add a Product Designer to lead the charge in our development process.
As Product Designer you will shape new features and experiments for Optimity mobile and web solutions from concept to reality. Your empathic thought process and strong execution abilities will help you understand our user's problems and make sure we’re delivering the right user experience iteratively. You will report to the head of product, and will be deployed as a member of a cross-functional agile development team.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for health and wellness that wants to translate their knowledge and enthusiasm into something impactful for the hundreds of thousands of lives that we touch.
Optimity is building the world's largest network of people who are measurably healthier. We use behavioural science in gamification, incentives, and the power of communities to nudge consumers in making better healthier choices for themselves, for their families and for the planet.
You will be joining a growing startup where your work and contributions really count. You will have growth opportunities in a variety of skills and career directions. As a key contributor on the team, you will have full autonomy and have the ability to shape the future of the development process. We celebrate wins, learn from our failures, embrace change, invest in each other, and are passionate about learning and growing as individuals and as a team.
How You’ll Make an Impact at Optimity
- Transforming product requirements into functional yet compelling user experiences
- Running a structured design process leveraging appropriate design meetings, workshops and reviews
- Working closely with product and engineering throughout the process leading to and post decisions by product management on delivery goals
- Delivering solutions with a focus on UX and UI, in this order
- Lo-Fi deliverables such as wireframes, user flows and prototypes
- Hi-Fi deliverables such as UI mocks, Interactive prototypes and visual components
- Designing for multiple platforms (i.e. responsive web, iOS, Android)
- Establishing and maintaining our design system
- Providing guidance to junior design staff and interns
Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as a UX & UI Product Designer
- Firm grasp of design fundamentals demonstrated by a strong portfolio of digital projects
- Demonstrated ability to bring clarity and ease of understanding to complex topics
- Strong aptitude across mobile & web design
- You know the common design tools and services
- You have experience working in an agile environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and new insights
- Knowledge of frontend technologies and experience with motion design are a plus
What An Amazing Candidate Looks Like
- Strong empathy, conceptual thinking and design execution abilities in both visual and interaction design
- Eager to be part of a fun, fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- A self-starter who’s solution-oriented, passionate and thoughtful about their work
- Ability to challenge the status quo and envision innovative solutions
- Ability to explain design choices clearly and persuasively
- A passion for user experience and designing interfaces that effectively serve the needs of the user and the business
- Positive attitude with a desire to grow within a collaborative, inspiring teamwork environment
Meet your team
Optimity at a glance
Optimity focuses on Enterprise Software, Insurance, and Mobile Health. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Toronto, and Tokyo. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Optimity has raised $2.826M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.