We build best-in-class SEO software for every situation,
Sr. Software Developer | Product Engineering
Moz is poised to take the SEO industry to its next evolution and we need your help.
We are embarking on an effort to leverage our data collection pipelines with a state of the art application ecosystem that will be unmatched and we need smart and creative engineers who are looking for a challenge and want to grow and evolve as engineering professionals as we grow and evolve our business.
Do you love to manipulate data in efficient ways? We have projects that will utilize the latest that AWS has to offer with Athena and AWS Glue.
Do you love building services that never fail? We have projects to enhance existing and build new services using NodeJS, Ruby, Python, Go and PHP. Our goal is to enable rapid evolution of customer functionality through ongoing experimentation and learning new things about what we can do every day. To do this, the services we need to leverage need to always be ready to go.
And did we mention experimentation? We like to play! Using JS in the browser while also providing API access to our customers, we continually provide new and better solutions to our customers to help them be successful.
If this sounds interesting to you, come join us!
This position can be based out of our Seattle, WA or Vancouver, BC offices. We're also open to having folks work fully remote from anywhere within the USA or Canada.
What You Will Do:
- Build, maintain, and support best in class software solutions.
- Optimize and expand our applications and services capability to be best in the industry.
- Be part of a Scrum team that designs, swarms, and pairs together
- Implement and improve deployment, monitoring, testing, operational and foundational tools.
- Be an active participant in mentoring (either as a mentor or a mentee)
- Be an excellent problem solver and be willing to roll up sleeves to tackle any issue thrown your way
Experience We Want to See:
Experience requirements will be considered when determining the level of the role to be filled.
- Intermediate level roles require at least 3 years of SDE experience
- Senior level roles require at least 5 years of SDE experience
- Experience in other engineering disciplines will also be considered.
Experience with HBase, HDFS and MapReduce
Familiarity with Ruby, Python and/or Node.js
Familiarity with source control. Github preferred
Experience with Linux and cloud-based environments
Ability to communicate with management, software architects, and developers about project status, APIs and overall system health
Work in an agile process – be able to break down work into bite-size chunks and communicate this to the team
Working knowledge of modern web technologies including cloud based APIs and protocols (REST, JSON)
Nice to Have:
- Data Science background or experience
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience with EC2 and S3
- Advanced HTTP protocol knowledge and/or networking experience
- Participation in a technical community is a major plus: e.g., contributions to open-source projects, published works, presentations in academic conferences or industry circles
Here is what you will be working with!
- ReactJS, Node.js ES6 & Typescript
- HDFS/HBase clusters, Riak, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution. Check it out at www.moz.com.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a $3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- Twice a year merit pay increases.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.
Moz at a glance
Moz focuses on Social Media, SaaS, Search, SEO, and Search Marketing. Their company has offices in Seattle. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Moz has raised $29.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2016 at a valuation of $120M.