We build best-in-class SEO software for every situation,
Moz is in need of experienced PHP/CMS developers to be integral members of our website/growth team. Moz.com receives over 2 million visits a month, and we're looking for results-driven developers to help us expand the reach of our marketing site, community, learning resources, and blog. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has spent a few years working in a content management role and is looking to grow their skills as a developer.
What You Will Do
- Manage the web development of the Moz.com website, powered by Craft CMS.
- Collaborate with the marketing website manager and SEO strategist on the most efficient and effective way to continue to evolve the website.
- Collaborate with designers on new components/layouts, and help guide future design decisions.
- Help set best practices for performance optimization within Craft CMS.
- Bring your ideas on how to improve the website to our collaborative team of marketers, designers, and developers.
Experience We Want to See
- 2+ years experience developing with a Content Management System (e.g. Craft CMS, WordPress, Django).
- Experience working with designers, taking mock-ups and producing high-quality web pages using CSS frameworks.
- Experience working with marketers to understand website marketing objectives and conversion rate optimization.
- Familiarity with Google Tag Manager or similar tracking scripts.
- Sense of humor.
- Strong interpersonal skills across different functions with emphasis on verbal and written communication.
- Solid understanding of what facilitates a great user experience.
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution. Check it out at www.moz.com.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a US$3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- Twice a year merit pay increases.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.
We value diversity, equity and inclusion.
Moz at a glance
Moz focuses on Social Media, SaaS, Search, SEO, and Search Marketing. Their company has offices in Seattle. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Moz has raised $29.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2016 at a valuation of $120M.