Tech for the future of desktop 3D printing
Front-End Developer - 6 month contract$55k – $65k • No equity
Hi there! We’re looking for someone to join our growing software team to work on CANVAS, our innovative 3D printing platform.
--- The Company & Product ---
Mosaic is a venture-backed 3D printing technology company. Our goal is to make 3D printing more useful by increasing the range of functional objects that 3D printers can create. CANVAS dramatically simplifies the multi-material workflow and modernizes 3D printing software.
Learn more about CANVAS here: https://www.mosaicmfg.com/products/canvas
--- The Role ---
We are looking for an individual to help us grow our 3D printing software platform. You will play an integral role on a small but talented team. Your main responsibilities will be improving front-end code and contributing to design across the company.
This means you will be:
- designing user interfaces and optimizing experiences
- implementing designs with modern frameworks
- getting hands-on with cutting-edge 3D printing technology
- occasionally wearing other hats
This is a 6 month contract position with the potential for extension into full-time employment.
This opportunity is offered as part of the Government of Canada’s Digital Skills for Youth Program.
This program imposes the following additional requirements:
- Post-secondary graduates
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of the time will be spent working remotely. We ask that candidates have a reasonable place to work and a computer or laptop with microphone and webcam.
--- Top candidates for this role… ---
- have a good eye for design
- are resourceful, entrepreneurial, and adaptable
- love learning and working with teams
- are interested in and excited by 3D printing
--- After 6 months on the job, you can expect to have... ---
- been an integral part of a team that eliminated major limitations in 3D printing, and witnessed the direct impact of this achievement
- gained first-hand experience at a rapidly scaling technology startup, and learned a number of entrepreneurial skills during the process
- built a network of top-tier engineers (mechanical, mechatronics, firmware, software), business people, advisors, industry experts, etc.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY ABOUT US
- “Pretty much the nicest, genuine company/people I've ever done business with.” (https://www.facebook.com/groups/130130450956865/permalink/132506230719287/)
- "Geniuses with software... My hat is off to Mosaic... they're ahead of the curve” (https://youtu.be/6jEf0kcb-CM?t=17m40s)
- Palette 2 Coverage from Adam Savage’s Tested.com: https://youtu.be/xVYmQlUZfVM
- Questions? Drop us a line!
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly on AngelList! We’d love to see a resumé and a portfolio of your work.