Intelligent Data, Intelligent Decisions
Head of UX
We believe that design is a core differentiator when it comes to amazing products. As head of the UX team at Morning Consult, those in this role will work closely with Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Commercial counterparts to transform conceptual ideas into tangible experiences. This role will be responsible for maintaining constant awareness of high-level roadmap and vision, while working with the UX team to scope projects and set goals accordingly. Ideal candidates will bring a clear and compelling vision for UX across multiple product lines, and have experience executing on such a vision across multi-disciplinary teams.
Success in this role requires clear and adaptive communication skills and a spirit of collaboration. Entrepreneurial candidates will thrive in our fast-paced start-up environment in which you’re empowered (and encouraged!) to think creatively, take expansive ownership, and implement changes where they make sense.
As an early member of the Product team at Morning Consult, this role will not only have significant opportunities to shape the structure and processes of the team, but also the overall growth and culture of our rapidly scaling startup.
- Set and drive a holistic UX vision and strategy across all Morning Consult products.
- Work with Product to stay on top of roadmap and long-term vision, and support designers in executing and iterating on that vision.
- Partner with Product to set strategy for collecting user research and feedback.
- Help define process for collecting quantitative and qualitative user feedback.
- Develop and manage relationships with stakeholders across Product and Engineering, and organization writ-large.
- *Mentor and coach UX designers of varying experience levels; Create plans with team members to augment skills and expand career opportunities. *
- Support and unblock UX team as they brainstorm early concepts, collect feedback, produce user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Lead reviews and critiques with multi-skilled UX team to ensure effective and rich designs (great interaction, visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of voice and tone, etc).
- Strong visual designer, and fluent in prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, XD, Axure, InVision, etc…)
- Extremely strong communicator; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Experience building and maintaining component libraries and design systems
- Experience building enterprise SaaS products
- Consummate team-player, comfortable working across departments and job levels
- Willing to take feedback, learn and grow; an ethos of continuous self-improvement
- Valued (but not required) past experience: visualizing quantitative data
- 5+ years relevant experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent About Morning Consult: Named one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America by Deloitte, Morning Consult is revolutionizing ways to collect, organize, and share survey research data to transform how global leaders in business and government make decisions. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and Washington D.C., Morning Consult provides research, news, and brand-tracking technology for over 200 of the world’s biggest companies and industry associations. Additionally, Morning Consult conducts regular surveys for major media organizations including POLITICO, The Hollywood Reporter, Bloomberg, and The New York Times. We are committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ability, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law. Morning Consult will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.