Latest business news from Wall St. to Silicon Valley, daily
Morning Brew is looking for a skilled UI designer to join our design team. This job can be remote or located at our NYC headquarters when we return to work.
Just so we're clear: we're not a coffee company.
Morning Brew is a New York City-based media company that’s disrupting the traditional business news landscape. Our goal is to make the business world more engaging for the modern business leader through relatable and digestible content. Plus, we’ve got some other cool stuff in the works.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our readers.
This role will be responsible for:
- Creating beautiful, compelling and innovative web-first experiences.- Designing and building UI/UX for site-first content such as websites, branded content, content hubs, and more.- Following user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals — from concept to execution — across many platforms.- Producing and presenting mockups, storyboards, wireframes, sitemaps, user flows, and prototypes of potential products.Working with other designers to establish style guides, templates, and design systems.- Addressing sales, marketing, and business as well as editorial needs.- Making illustration, word art, photo collage, branding design, slide decks, and other visual content for multiple platforms.- Assisting in conducting and evaluating user research.
You should have the following skills:
- Working knowledge of responsive design and grid principles.- Developed typography, layout and visual design skills.- Strong working knowledge of industry tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML/CSS, Sketch, and XD.- Working knowledge of ReactJS, Google Optimize, After Effects, Google Slides, Power Point, and Apple Keynote is also beneficial.- Clear understanding of common workflows for website design from start to finish.- Attention to detail.- Highly organized.- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
In addition you should be:
- Highly creative.- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment.- Flexible and willing to pitch in where needed.- Passionate about design work and technology.- Deeply collaborative and ready to work closely with others.- Excited to learn, improve, and grow as a designer.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or other related major or equivalent experience.- 5-8 years experience designing for the web.- Strong portfolio demonstrating a body of professional visual problem-solving as well as a clear sense of your personal design voice.
Please be prepared to submit:
- Your resume- A short introduction/cover letter- Why you are interested in this position- Your updated portfolio as an attachment or a link to an online version- An example of a recent project that you designed for the web (ex: a website, lander, online marketing campaign, etc.)-
Morning Brew at a glance
Morning Brew focuses on Media, Education, Information Services, Publishing, and News. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.