Senior Software Engineer$110k – $160k • 0.1% – 0.2%
Monument is an online treatment platform for those looking to change their relationship with alcohol. Designed to support sobriety or moderation, Monument plans are personalized to members’ goals, lifestyles, and preferences. Plans include access to the Monument community, and options for video therapy and physician-prescribed medication. We believe treatment should be affordable, accessible, and customizable, so a healthy relationship with alcohol is attainable by everyone.
We’re looking for a senior software engineer to join our growing NYC-based (and now virtual) team. This is a broad role that will contribute to our React-based frontend, Node backend, and parts of our infrastructure.
About the Role:
Be one of the first engineers at Monument, a well-funded startup based in NYC.
• Contribute to designing a highly secure, highly available architecture.
• Collaborate with a diverse team of product and operations business leaders, therapists, and clinicians to build the key components of our rocketship:
◦ Chat, video calls, and communication tools
◦ Integration with pharmacy fulfillment
◦ Scheduling / matching tools
◦ A streamlined onboarding flow
• Take ownership over features from end to end, using your own judgment to manage priorities.
What We’re Looking For:
• 4+ years of software development experience.
• An affinity for creating software that is extensible, performant, and easy to read.
• Experience building apps with Node.js, React or similar frameworks.
• Track record of shipping products that drive company goals.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including direct and compassionate communication.
• Bonus: Experience configuring and maintaining production-scale AWS environments.
What You’ll Get:
- The ability to directly contribute to people’s treatment journeys and help a huge population of people significantly improve their lives
- The opportunity to join an incredibly passionate, compassionate, respectful and fun team who listens to and learns from each other every day. (We cannot wait to welcome your own values to expand our company culture!)
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Upward mobility and growth opportunities within a well-funded startup.
Monument is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We nurture authenticity. The current small team includes sober people, parents, queer people, nonbinary folks, single parents, and a mix of men and women.
Learn more about us: www.joinmonument.com