The most popular database for modern apps
Customer Success Specialist
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Individuals in the Customer Success Specialist role have a passion for technology and the ambition to dive head-first into new challenges. This is a new team at MongoDB, so we are looking for someone who can thrive with a high level of ambiguity and changes while maintaining a customer centric approach and helping to build the program.
The CS team at MongoDB is responsible for establishing relationships and becoming a trusted advisor and “go-to” person for guidance and advice. We are an integral part of our customers' success with MongoDB and bring value to every interaction, from onboarding and product adoption to growth. We are a globally distributed team spread across New York City, Austin, Dublin, and Sydney.
Our ideal candidate will have
- At least 1-2 years of experience working in a Customer Success, Account Management, Customer/Technical Support, or similar customer-centric role
- Experience working with technologically complex accounts and/or SMB/Enterprise market customers in a fast-moving SaaS environment
- A mind for technology - we’ll teach you about MongoDB and databases, but our customers and product are inherently technical and you should have an aptitude and curiosity to learn about those concepts
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment - each CSS will manage a portfolio of upward of 200 customers and be expected to provide a tailored experience to each
- An entrepreneurial mindset - this is a brand new team so you must thrive in a highly changeable environment and contribute to building this program from the ground up
- High levels of organization and attention to detail - you understand what it means to own a customer portfolio and to prioritize and handle your time efficiently
- A passion for collaboration - you’ll be working with multiple teams on a regular basis and will help to build the CS “brand” across our entire organization
- Prior exposure to database, cloud and infrastructure technology is a plus
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
In this role, you
- Have a results-oriented spirit and are not afraid to seek new challenges
- Take ownership engaging with a large portfolio via both tech-led and personalized outreach across a variety of industries and use cases
- Coordinate customer and project (re-)onboarding meetings, validating and identifying customer needs, potential challenges, and key success criteria
- Enjoy and promote the implementation of MongoDB features across your assigned customer portfolio using playbooks, product signals, and other relevant data points to look for opportunities to expand the MongoDB footprint with your customers
- Are able to identify and mitigate the risk of churn and are passionate about ensuring customer happiness
Individuals will be successful in this position when they become a
- Risk Mitigator - Identifying blockers to product adoption, preventing revenue and account churn
- Trusted Advisor - Recommending solutions in order to help the customer achieve their business outcomes
- Portfolio Master - Understanding and relaying trends in your portfolio, providing recommendations to our business for maximized results
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
"MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws."
Work and life blended
"Balance" makes work and life sound mutually exclusive. We prefer blending the two into a perfect Work/Life smoothie, packed with the richness of an employee centric office, and the health benefits of unlimited personal flexibility.
At MongoDB, we have several programs that support our employees’ families, like a generous parental leave policy, and a back-up care program for family members.
Our flexible PTO ethos is applied globally to ensure employees take time to refresh, relax, and unwind. This policy is based on mutual trust and communication between every employee and their manager.
Work it out at work
What's better than yoga? FREE yoga! We offer our people plenty of opportunity to stretch it out and let it breathe in a variety of classes.
We encourage development & support fun
We equip our people with ample training, resources, and support to pave their own path, but also the autonomy to plan and host in-office events like wine tastings, game nights, and our very own version of Oktoberfest, just to name a few.
When you walk with us, you walk tall
We believe in free expression, respect and inclusion, and always having each other's backs. Work at MongoDB, and you get to mix with cool, diverse people who keep it real every day, and build together.
Employee affinity groups
It’s important for us to embody our values, especially when it comes to “Embracing the Power of Differences,” one of our core company values. MongoDB affinity groups support our larger commitment to a diverse and inclusive community.
MongoDB is a global company with 40+ offices around the world! Each MongoDB employee has the opportunity to expand their personal and professional experiences and may have the option to relocate to another office depending on their role.
MongoDB at a glance
MongoDB focuses on SaaS, Cloud Computing, Open Source, Databases, and PaaS. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Austin, and Chicago. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, MongoDB has raised $306.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2018.