The most popular database for modern apps
Enterprise Account Executive
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We’re looking for a hardworking, driven individual with superb energy, passion and initiative for new business acquisition. The Enterprise Account Executive role focuses exclusively on formulating and executing a sales strategy within an assigned territory, resulting in revenue growth and new customer acquisition.
With a people-first culture, managing and leading our Enterprise Sales team is top of mind. MongoDB is always changing and innovating — not only in our technology, but also in our sales go-to-market strategy. Our sales leadership is committed to building the best salesforce in technology. This means, inspiring and enabling success for everyone on the team. We not only equip you to be successful and close deals, but we want your feedback and input on how we can continue to “Think Big and Go Far.” As a crucial part of the Sales team at MongoDB, you will have access to a lucrative market and learn how to sell from some of the most successful sales leaders in the software industry.
To learn more about what it's like to be an Enterprise Account Executive, watch this interview with Jennifer Clark.
- Proactively prospect, identify, qualify and develop a sales pipeline
- Close business to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual bookings objectives
- Build strong and effective relationships, resulting in growth opportunities
- Participate in our sales enablement trainings, including our comprehensive Sales Bootcamp, sophisticated sales training, and leadership and development programs
- Work closely with the Professional Services team to achieve customer satisfaction
- BA/BS required
- 5+ years field experience of quota-carrying experience in a fast-paced and competitive market with a focus on new business
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the business value of complex enterprise technology
- A track record of overachievement and hitting sales targets.
- Skilled in building business champions and running a complex sales process
- Previous Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales)
- Familiarity with databases, devops and open source technology a plus
- Driven and competitive: Possess a strong desire to be successful
- Skilled in managing time and resources; sound approach to qualifying opportunities
- Possess aptitude to learn quickly and establish credibility. High EQ and self-aware.
- Passionate about growing your career in the largest market in software (database) and developing and maintaining an in-depth understanding of MongoDB products.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Work and life blended
"Balance" makes work and life sound mutually exclusive. We prefer blending the two into a perfect Work/Life smoothie, packed with the richness of an employee centric office, and the health benefits of unlimited personal flexibility.
At MongoDB, we have several programs that support our employees’ families, like a generous parental leave policy, and a back-up care program for family members.
Our flexible PTO ethos is applied globally to ensure employees take time to refresh, relax, and unwind. This policy is based on mutual trust and communication between every employee and their manager.
Work it out at work
What's better than yoga? FREE yoga! We offer our people plenty of opportunity to stretch it out and let it breathe in a variety of classes.
We encourage development & support fun
We equip our people with ample training, resources, and support to pave their own path, but also the autonomy to plan and host in-office events like wine tastings, game nights, and our very own version of Oktoberfest, just to name a few.
When you walk with us, you walk tall
We believe in free expression, respect and inclusion, and always having each other's backs. Work at MongoDB, and you get to mix with cool, diverse people who keep it real every day, and build together.
Employee affinity groups
It’s important for us to embody our values, especially when it comes to “Embracing the Power of Differences,” one of our core company values. MongoDB affinity groups support our larger commitment to a diverse and inclusive community.
MongoDB is a global company with 40+ offices around the world! Each MongoDB employee has the opportunity to expand their personal and professional experiences and may have the option to relocate to another office depending on their role.
MongoDB at a glance
MongoDB focuses on SaaS, Cloud Computing, Open Source, Databases, and PaaS. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Austin, and Chicago. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, MongoDB has raised $306.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2018.