Smart Investment Advisory
At Moneyfarm, diversity is the foundation of our competitive advantage. We value our employees for who they are – their backgrounds, experiences, talents, knowledge and individual differences make us better at what we do. Flexible working opportunities come as standard, but do let us know how we can accommodate your application further.
At Moneyfarm we use technology to make saving and investing accessible to everyone in a simple and transparent way. We build software that augments and optimises our in-house financial advisory expertise to offer our customers the best use of their money. We nurture a software development practice where every engineer is trusted with autonomy in their role to responsibly and continuously deliver quality software supported by a friendly and creative environment free from ownership handovers, gatekeepers or bureaucracy, that pushes you towards mastery in your craft.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.” – Sherlock Holmes
“Data is a precious thing and will last longer than the systems themselves” – Tim Berners-Lee
You have a passion for data and it’s supporting technologies.
You enjoy finding accurate answers to difficult questions.
You can translate business requirements into technical solutions and you are able to communicate your findings to a non-technical audience.
You are an influential team player with good interpersonal skills, capable of building and maintaining close relationships with your peers.
You are reliable and you rely on others. You naturally stay within the scope of a story. You are biased to action: you prefer to deliver the good instead of arguing what perfection is.
You are very attentive to detail. You can spot easily the missing pieces, even trivial ones. You always strive for quality in everything you do and you see a mistake as a learning opportunity.
You have the passion and enthusiasm to learn new technologies and techniques.
You have a pragmatic approach to challenges, favouring the best solution for the given context over the ideal one.
You will make mistakes. We'll pick you up. You will learn from them. You'll laugh a lot.
- Design, implement, optimise, deploy and support new and existing data models and ETL pipelines in production.
- Conduct data modelling and data flow designs and produce constructive code reviews.
- Troubleshoot and fix data quality issues by analysing the root cause and follow up the resolution.
- Build reports and visualisations to investigate key business questions.
- Explore available technologies and conduct experiments to improve our data quality, workflow and job manageability and scalability.
- Research on cutting-edge tools and technologies to continuously improve our data infrastructure and analytics capability.
- You have at least 4-5 years of experience in data engineering and a BSc in Engineering or Computer Science or higher degree essential.
- You fully understand data modelling techniques, purposes and applicability for dimensional and relational is a must.
- You have hands-on experience in the data warehouse space and ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- You have a strong proficiency in SQL and development experience in at least one scripting language (Python preferred).
- You have a good understanding of row and columnar databases and BI/Visualization tools (Tableau preferred).
- You have experience with AWS services: Redshift, RDS, EC2, DMS, Cloudwatch is a plus.
- You are familiar with distributed processing platforms (eg. Spark), machine learning and continuous delivery is a plus.
- Have a good understanding of agile methodologies and their principles.
Moneyfarm at a glance
Moneyfarm focuses on Financial Services, Investment Management, Technology, Finance Technology, and Advice. Their company has offices in London, Frankfurt, Milan, and Cagliari. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Moneyfarm has raised $109.4M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.