The mobile app alternative to the banks, offering multi-currency accounts across Europe
Legal Counsel (Customer T&Cs)
At Monese we are on a mission to give people the financial freedom to thrive anywhere. We are building a banking service that allows you to follow your dreams. A banking service that will support you every step of the way, wherever you may be. This is financial freedom for the hundreds of millions of people who live some part of their life in another country - whether it’s for travel, work, business, study, family, or retirement.
With over 1.4 million sign-ups, 70% of incoming funds being from salary payments, and a 4.5/5 TrustPilot score, Monese is one of the most popular and trusted banking services in Europe.
Our fast growing team is located in London, Tallinn, Lisbon and Berlin. By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of financial freedom. We’re not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
If taking on a big part of the responsibility for making Monese the most innovative banking account in the world doesn’t scare you and you want to file patents, not follow trends, then read on…
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to take day-to-day conduct and responsibility for our customer facing terms and conditions (Customer T&Cs). You will safeguard our business and reputation by minimising legal risks and ensuring the company follows legal guidelines.
* Reporting to the Head of Legal, you will have day to day conduct and responsibility for maintaining our Customer T&Cs
* Liaising with panel law firms in each international jurisdiction to ensure Customer T&Cs are and remain legally compliant in each active market
* Liaising with product owners to ensure each product is and remains adequately described and protected in the Customer T&Cs
* Liaising with customer support functions to pre-emptively address recurrent issues through the Customer T&Cs
* Liaising with external partners to ensure contractual obligations can be implemented and do not conflict with Customer T&Cs
* Manage change control processes and version history
* Give accurate and timely counsel and drafting support on a variety of other legal topics as a member of the legal team
* Tertiary degree in law in a common law or European Union jurisdiction
* Admission to practice as a lawyer/attorney
* Private practice corporate, commercial or litigation experience (2+ years post admission)
* In-house legal counsel experience (2+ years post admission) for a business: (a) operating in multiple jurisdictions, (b) in the technology sector, and (c) with a high-volume business to consumer model
* Financial services experience will be viewed favourably
* Fluent English language speaker and writer
* Demonstrable skill with plain English legal writing for consumers
* Candidates with fluency in a second language, financial literacy and/or technology literacy will be viewed favourably
* Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company
* A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
* International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
* Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
* Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues
* In and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities
* Flexible working schedule and possibility to work from home office from time to time
* Dog friendly office
* Stock options and competitive salary
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates must be eligible to work in UK.
Monese at a glance
Monese focuses on Financial Services, Technology, Banking, Fin Tech, and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in London, Berlin, Lisbon, and Tallinn. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Monese has raised $71.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2018.