Software solutions for senior services
Director of Product at mission-driven tech startup (VC-backed, remote ok!)
Director of Product
“For us and many other community-based organizations, Mon Ami’s technology expands our capacity to deliver services and bridges the gap between younger and older generations.” - SF Village, Mon Ami customer
About the company:
Mon Ami was founded in 2018 to connect generations and strengthen communities. We are a mission-driven team backed by Cowboy Ventures, Felicis Ventures, Freestyle Ventures, and Maverick Ventures. Our technology helps cities, nonprofits, social service agencies, and healthcare deliver essential social services for older adults and vulnerable populations. During COVID-19, our technology platform has helped frontline organizations connect emergency volunteers more quickly and efficiently to residents in need, especially seniors and low-income families. Our growing list of partners include the City of San Francisco, City District 4 of Los Angeles, SF Village, Openhouse, Shanti Project, and other social service organizations across California and New York. Read about us in the New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/08/us/coronavirus-elderly-call-outreach.html
About the position:
We’re raising the bar for design, product, and customer experience in the world of social services. It’s an industry often overlooked by technology, with really antiquated processes still built on spreadsheets and the occasional Microsoft Access program. Everything we build aims to improve how our customers -- social service organizations on the frontlines -- do their jobs in getting people the services they need.
As an early product hire, you will lead product strategy, define the product roadmap, and oversee design. You will get to know our customers and translate their customer insights into product features, rallying design and engineering and other stakeholders to build solutions that solve our customers’ biggest challenges. You’ll need to be able to manage the big picture and set direction but won’t be afraid of jumping in as an individual contributor to get things done in a small team.
- You have at least 6 years of prior product management experience, ideally on enterprise SaaS products and with early stage companies, and have owned major parts of the product development process.
- But more than just years of experience, you've delivered outcomes. You have a proven track record of shipping products that customers adopt and love.
- You also have consumer sensibilities: you don't think that Salesforce.com has an acceptable user interface. You know how to partner with design (they'll report to you) and ship customer-centric solutions that reflect a design thinking design methodology.
- You have exceptional empathy and listening skills, as judged by your peers and reports (whose references we will ask for). You care deeply about our customers, your team, and those around you.
- You understand data, know how to deploy it to support your work, and make data-driven decisions.
- You are skilled at qualitative and quantitative customer research and have used your skills to distill critical insights and translate them into product features.
- You have demonstrated ability to work extraordinarily well with engineering teams, particularly in environments where engineers are the bottleneck for development.
- You see the forest and the trees, able to paint the big picture and inspire your team, yet able to get into the details with the best of them.
- Highly patient, highly curious. You love teaching your grandparents how to use their smart phone, which will come in handy when your customers run the spectrum of tech literacy.
- Large, growing addressable market — The over-65 population is the world’s fastest growing, and spend on Senior Services is projected to rise from $1Tr globally to $1.7Tr in the next decade. A much wider diversity of services -and technology -is needed to meet that enormous need, with plenty of upside for those diligent enough to see it through.
- The right DNA — You’ll love working with our team. Our CTO is a beloved, experienced tech leader who, at the previous company he founded, did not have a single regrettable loss on his team. We are a close knit group who love to share bread recipes, musical talents, and stories of family.
- Impactful — Profoundly valuable to those who help others. With an aging demographic, more and more people will rely on public service agencies to support essential needs. We build resilience in our frontline service providers to provide more services to more people.
This position is in the SF Bay Area, but like most everyone this year, we're willing to explore remote work for the right candidate. Compensation is competitive and includes benefits and general PTO.
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your resume or LinkedIn profile
- Write to us: What makes you a great fit as our first product manager?
Mon Ami at a glance
Mon Ami focuses on Healthcare, Governments, Nonprofits, and Health and Wellness. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.monami.io