Life Insurance Fraud Detection for carriers going through digital transformation
Senior Software Engineer$30k – $100k • 0.0% – 2.0%
Mody Data, founded by 2 Columbia Alumni and Industry Experts, provides cutting-edge Fraud Waste and Abuse Detection solutions for the insurance industry. The team has over 75 years of insurance and technology expertise and 30 years of insurance fraud expertise.
Mody Data has gone through Plug and Play’s InsureTech Accelerator, is going through CyberNYC’s Accelerator and is looking to expand its team. We are committed to advancing the insurance industry's ability to detect and prevent fraud for the benefit and security of insurance carriers and their customers.
The team is entirely remote, but most live close to NYC. The team comprises of insurance and fraud experts recognized as leaders in our respective fields.
As part of our team, you will have an opportunity to apply your ideas to revolutionize insurance.
The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative and be able to work cohesively with product strategy and marketing to deliver a brand new customer-centric platform
As a Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for the architecture, design, development, and testing of our SaaS platform. This is a flexible role that can be full-time or part-time, long-term or short-term.
We run an Agile engineering process complete with one week iterations, test-driven development and continuous deployment. Our core platform is a collection of highly available microservices built in AWS with python (Django, NumPy, Pandas, H2O), React and Postgresql.
- Complete tasks prioritized in the engineering queue with minimal need for support.
- Contribute to engineering best practices, documentation, and architecture decisions.
- Support and mentor other engineers, including pair programming and pull request reviews.
- Gather requirements and write technical proposals for solving business problems. Work with stakeholders to build alignment around these proposals.
- Translate technical proposals into engineering tasks. Work with a scrum team to estimate and prioritize these tasks.
- Work with stakeholders to rollout and QA technical projects and address any issues.
- 2+ years of relevant full time industry experience excluding internship experience developing full-stack web applications
- Track record of delivering projects successfully to production
- Strong communication
- Experience with:
- AWS - Lambda, Fargate, Docker
- Building rest API (Swagger/OpenAPI)
- Software testing (CI/CD)
- Gitflow + Scrum team
- Integrating APIs with 3rd party software
- React/Angular + WebUI
- Microservices architecture
- SaaS deployments
What We Care About:
Proactive, curious, creative, and humble. We are dedicated to the mission, learning and helping each other constantly improve. We hope you also value things like blameless postmortems and have a natural drive to figure out how everything works.
Keeping it real. Mody Data mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about how our work affects real people. We are motivated by this mission every day.
Our Core Values:
People First - Trust & Transparency
Innovation & Problem Solving
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Mody Data is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.