Life Insurance Fraud Detection for carriers going through digital transformation
Senior Data Scientist$50k – $120k • 0.0% – 2.0%
Mody Data, founded by Columbia Alumni and Industry Experts, provides cutting-edge Fraud Waste and Abuse Detection solutions for the life insurance industry. The team has over 75 years of insurance and technology expertise and 30 years of insurance fraud expertise.
Mody Data has gone through Plug and Play’s InsureTech Accelerator, is going through CyberNYC’s Accelerator and is looking to expand its team. We are committed to advancing the insurance industry's ability to detect and prevent fraud for the benefit and security of insurance carriers and their customers.
The team is entirely remote, but most live close to NYC. The team comprises of insurance and fraud experts recognized as leaders in our respective fields.
As part of our team, you will have an opportunity to apply your ideas to revolutionize insurance.
The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative and be able to work cohesively with product strategy and marketing to deliver an work that will have significant impact on the life insurance industry.
As a Data Scientist, you'll be responsible for building and testing of the Machine Learning models for our SaaS platform. This role can be part time. This is a flexible role that can be full-time or part-time, long-term or short-term.
We run an Agile engineering process complete with one week iterations, test-driven development and continuous deployment. Our core platform is a collection of highly available microservices built in AWS with python (Django, NumPy, Pandas, H2O), React and Postgresql.
Who You Are
• You have strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are familiar with techniques in Machine Learning, Data Mining Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning or related fields.
• You have minimum 2+ years of full time experience excluding internship experience data mining and building Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning models.
• You have strong technical and programming skills. You have experience designing, programming and running algorithms in Python.
• You have demonstrated the capability to review and learn from technical papers.
• You contribute research that can be applied to MDS product development.
• You have the ability to quickly prototype ideas and can solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches.
• You are a strong collaborator and communicator and you make the engineers around you grow and learn.
What We Care About
• Curiosity, creativity and humility. We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hope you also value things like blameless postmortems and have a natural drive to figure out how everything works.
• Keeping it real. Mody Data’s mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about how our work affects real people. We are motivated by this mission every day.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
MDS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.