Mental Health Platform for Innovative Companies
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Using data to make informed decisions is a strategic imperative and competitive advantage for Modern Health. As a Data Engineer, your role is integral in ensuring we have the infrastructure and systems in place to make this possible across the company. You will own our data pipelining end-to-end and work cross-functionally to help us achieve our goals. The ideal candidate should be comfortable using Looker, SQL, Postgres, AWS (RDS, ECS, EC2), and Terraform.
What You’ll Do-
- Partner with people across the company (PM, engineering, data analysts, operations, care, customer success) to understand data needs and pain points.
- Build systems, tools, and documentation to enable and empower data customers from around the company to confidently build accurate dashboards, run data research projects, instrument features, and support outcome studies.
- Define and iterate on our data models and pipelining to best support engineering, product, and business goals.
- Own data integrity for our key product and company health KPIs.
- Experience using SQL to explore data and build dashboards.
Who You Are-
- Experience in ETL design and implementation.
- Experience in data modeling and schema design.
- You are a self-starter and see projects through from inception to completion with minimal oversight.
- You have experience working cross-functionally and partnering with stakeholders across departments of varying levels.
- You care deeply about product experience and quality.
- Health tech experience is preferred, but not required.
- Bonus points if you have experience with AWS.
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
Amazing health benefits (medical, dental, vision) for you and your family
Mental well-being stipend
Catered lunches and snacks
Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
Unlimited career growth opportunity
Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
Impact on lives
You will directly impact the lives of millions
Modern Health at a glance
Modern Health focuses on Healthcare, B2B, Health and Wellness, and Mental Health. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Modern Health has raised $42.4M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.