Mental Health Platform for Innovative Companies
Site Reliability Engineer
About Modern Health
Modern Health is a female founded mental health benefits platform for employers focused on reducing the stigma of mental health and increasing access to mental health services. We believe that mental health should be a right, not a privilege, so we offer a comprehensive solution that covers the full spectrum of mental well-being needs. Through both evidence-based programs designed by our clinical psychologist and professional support from our network of certified coaches and therapists, Modern Health helps guide our members to the right care at the right time.
Our partners include wonderful companies such as Electronic Arts, Pixar, and Okta that want to take a proactive approach to mental well-being for their employees.
We are building a world-class team to make a positive impact and improve the way people live. We see diversity, inclusion, and belonging as key components of mental health, and know that it begins with our team. With a focus on “culture add”, not "culture fit,” we encourage any interested individuals to apply, even if they are unsure!
Because our team is small, you will be given lots of responsibility and the opportunity to have true ownership as we build out the product. This is a unique opportunity to use your coding powers to make a direct impact in people's lives. We need a site reliability engineer who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly, mitigate risk by increasing automation, scalability, and visibility in our systems, work with other engineers to reliably release and maintain services, and help define and meet internal and customer-facing SLA's and SLO's.
This role will initially report to the Head of Engineering.
- Manage AWS infrastructure of a distributed microservice web application with Terraform and other modern tooling
- Increase observability of our systems through configuration of automated metric collection and aggregation
- Engineer efficient and reusable systems that drive complex web and mobile applications
- Maintain HIPAA, GDPR, and SOC-2 compliance and general security through best practice implementation
- Tackle tough systems design and product problems
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Provide technical leadership in domain areas
- AWS: ECS and cloud hosting
- Gitlab: CI/CD
- Python: Django, Flask, aiohttp
- Data: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Monitoring: Datadog and Sentry
- IaC: Terraform, Packer
Your skillset includes:
- Building and maintaining solutions using cloud hosting providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Shell scripting for *nix systems
- Networking for web applications
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas through writing and diagramming
- Ability to work effectively with a distributed development and ops team
- Passion for building something to improve the lives of others
Bonus points if you have experience in:
- Associate, Professional, or Specialty level AWS Certifications
- Linux SysAdmin skills
- Working at a high growth startup
- Working on SaaS software
- Working in Health Tech or HR
Other reasons why you’ll love working at Modern Health…
- You will work with a passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- You will directly impact the mental well-being of tens of thousands of people
- If you're in SF we have an awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District. If you're remote we offer great perks such as a stipend for a coworking space.
- Unlimited PTO
- Amazing health benefits (medical, dental, vision) for you and your family
- Mental well-being stipend
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
Amazing health benefits (medical, dental, vision) for you and your family
Mental well-being stipend
Catered lunches and snacks
Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
Unlimited career growth opportunity
Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
Impact on lives
You will directly impact the lives of millions
Modern Health at a glance
Modern Health focuses on Healthcare, B2B, Health and Wellness, and Mental Health. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Modern Health has raised $42.4M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.