A collaborative data platform that combines SQL, R, Python, and visual analytics in one place
Customer Success Manager$120k – $160k
We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
As a Customer Success Manager at Mode, you'll own a portfolio of our fast-growing, mid-sized customers. By building exceptional relationships with each customer in your portfolio, you'll deliver value at all stages of the customer journey to drive mutual success and growth. If you’re a proactive customer champion - passionate about solving problems, connecting customer value to revenue growth, and advising customers - you’ll bring tremendous value to our customers and team!
What you'll do
- Be a Proactive Customer Champion: Expertly manage a portfolio of Mode’s fast-growing, mid-sized customers to drive mutual success, customer retention, engagement, and expansion.
- Connect Customer Value to Commercials: Build trusted partnerships with your customers to deliver value, earning our customers' business and driving commercial expansion and growth opportunities. Own retention, renewal, and expansion opportunities for your portfolio.
- Serve as a Trusted Advisor: Bring deep curiosity and empathy to our customers with industry expertise, knowledge, business acumen, and technical understanding of Mode’s platform.
- Partner to Solve Problems: Work cross-functionally with sales, support, product, and other organizations to optimize platform usage, garner product feedback, and present solutions to help customers solve their challenges using Mode.
What we look for
- Experience in a customer-facing role in sales, sales development, customer success, or account management
- Track record of overachieving monthly and quarterly goals
- Strong desire to learn and curiosity to understand how things work
- Creative problem solving skills, you won't be using a playbook; you'll be helping write one
- Motivation to be a champion of customers and represent their voice with empathy
- Entrepreneurial approach to owning responsibilities with strong accountability to delivering outcomes
- Alignment with Mode's values
- Bonus: Experience in the data and analytics space
- Bonus: Knowledge of SQL
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules — we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
We cover all premiums for employees, dependents, domestic partners, and spouses on a variety of healthcare plans.
You know what makes you the most productive. We offer unlimited PTO and the ability to work with your manager to build a schedule that makes sense for you and your family.
We strive to make the Mode office a place where everyone is comfortable by providing a variety of working spaces with different volumes and levels of light. We also build community through daily catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with snacks and beverages.
We invest in our team's growth by earmarking funds for each employee's continued education, which you can use as you see fit.
Mode at a glance
Mode focuses on Information Technology, Analytics, Big Data, Software, and Developer Tools. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Mode has raised $46.425M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.