Allowing women to shop from the latest trends and styles all around the world
Principal Technical Product Manager
Moda Operandi is looking for a customer-centric Principal Technical Product Manager to play a critical role on the product team based in our NY office, and reporting to the COO.
You'll be instrumental in shaping the vision, defining the roadmap and driving the execution of new product features that will help strengthen the relationships between the technology and supply chain operations teams. You will also initially oversee integration of our new 3PL partner.
This is an ideal position for a senior individual contributor with a background in ecommerce retail, supply chain, or logistics.
As Principal Technical Product Manager, you will:
- Refine the supply chain & enterprise product strategy, define and execute against a clear product roadmap to increase critical metrics for success.
- Make product decisions that are rooted in data
- Move with agility to define, design and release iteratively great products that delight our customers, leveraging A/B testing and continuous customer feedback collection
- Work closely with engineering, building viable products that can scale
- Consider product marketing and messaging
- Structure, manage, recruit and inspire other product managers as appropriate
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as primary product expert and evangelist for our inventory & supply chain teams, driving this channel to meet prioritized customer and business KPI’s
- Lead an agile execution process from conception, requirements gathering, design, development, and testing through to launch and beyond
- Partner with a team of skilled engineers, designers and consumer insights to set the high-level vision and roadmap, including developing new feature ideas and on-shore & off-shore tech resources
- Create and maintain product roadmaps, feature backlogs and product documentation such PRDs, user stories, use cases, user flows, logic flows, and functional specifications
- Coordinate and run A/B testing of new features, rapidly validating or disproving them, informed by user data, customer needs, business potential, and technical feasibility
- Prioritize development activities with engineering teams, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods, work closely with QA on acceptance testing and lead product launches
- Work closely with consumer insights resource to cultivate a deep understanding of the user - both pre-purchase and post-purchase
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative insights and testing results in order to continually inform the product development process
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, and products to continually identify ways to improve our user experience
- Participate in product performance benchmarking activities
- You are an experienced product leader, with a proven track record of fostering a shared vision by building consensus on product roadmap priorities that help meet our company target KPI’s.
- You are data- and evidence-driven, and an excellent communicator who can work well cross-functionally with engineering, and business functions. You always keep the customer at the center of all considerations.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years of product management experience
- A strong track record of envisioning and bringing innovative digital products to market from within either (or both) a consumer-driven online company or an agency environment
- Previous experience with logistics or supply chain management
- Experience using SQL, Snowflake, & Looker
- Proven emphasis on user-driven product design and data-driven product refinement.
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to quickly understand, simplify, internalize and communicate complex or technical concepts.
- Experience working in scrum/agile management methodologies preferred
- Experience with user research, A/B testing, and other techniques to validate and inspire ideas.
- Resourceful, ability to understand that constraints breed creativity, and you thrive in an environment that includes limited resources.
- Collaborative and a passion for digital products - not just the way they work but how they feel to the end user.
- Have a point of view and be an active listener.
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover and shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce and content, Moda allows women and men to shop for what’s new and what’s next in designer fashion from the world’s leading emerging designers and luxury brands. Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses and consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Moda’s platform carries more than 1,000 brands and designers across fashion, fine jewelry and home, ships to 125 countries, and has raised nearly $300M in funding from top-tier global investors.
Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
An Agile, Tech/Product-driven environment
Moda Operandi at a glance
Moda Operandi focuses on Internet, E-Commerce, Retail, Fashion, and Retail Technology. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, New York, Chicago, and Hong Kong. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Moda Operandi has raised $404.54M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.