Catering for people with Taste
Intern - New York$25k – $35k
MobyDish (YC W15) is a catering marketplace that allows anyone to order family-style food from top-rated local restaurants for any group size in less than 5 minutes. We’re changing the catering industry by putting more power in the hands of the customer. Our technology lets us provide the simplest and tastiest catering experience for any event of any size - from large corporate luncheons to family gatherings - with no hassle. Are you ready to become a lunchtime hero?
We're a team of foodies, obsessed with customer experiences and care for our users and each other. We're constantly looking for more automation and efficiency in everything we do, while building our technology accordingly. As of today, we're still the only catering marketplace in the US to control the entire customer experience, from ordering to delivering using our proprietary technology with enormous opportunities to scale.
We are looking for a rockstar intern who wants to learn how to build and scale a business from the ground up. This is a position will start off 3-4 hours per day but can quickly and easily grow to a full-time position.
Since we're a small team, we do love people who are comfortable wearing multiple hats, have a strong entrepreneurial mindset and are not scared of getting out of their comfort zone. You'll be dealing with all areas of our business - from marketing, sales, operations, account management, all to drive even more growth to the company.
New ideas and ways to improve/automate things in the company are always welcome. We are a tech company and believe that combining kick-ass tech with amazing customer service is what will make us win!
- Recent grad or college student (MBA or undergrad) with 3-4 hours minimum availability 3-5 days per week
- Desire to help small businesses and has a passion for food
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Able to work with little supervision
- Detail oriented and a slight perfectionist
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Open to getting hands dirty and for a real startup experience - doing anything it takes to help the business grow!
The Fun Stuff:
- Meal Creation
- Email and social media marketing campaigns
- Customer support
- Keeping our books in check
- Dispatching deliveries
- Monitor day to day operations
- Creating fun social media posts and blogs
-Experience using Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
-Knowledge of the Food Industry
-Experience in a startup Environment
What You Get:
- Hands on experience at an early stage startup
- Work side by side with management and provide input on company processes
MobyDish at a glance
MobyDish focuses on Marketplaces, Hospitality, Logistics, and Catering. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.mobydish.com