Catering for people with Taste
Area Manager - San Francisco$75k – $130k • 0.1% – 0.3%
MobyDish (YC W15) is a catering marketplace that allows anyone to order meals from any group size from top-rated local restaurants for any group size in less than 5 minutes. We’re changing the catering industry by putting more power in the hands of the customer. Our technology lets us provide the simplest and tastiest catering experience - from large corporate luncheons to family gatherings - with no hassle. Are you ready to become a lunchtime hero?
MobyDish seeks an Area Manager to provide leadership and management of sales support and operations. Working closely with MobyDish's founder and CEO, the Area Manager will be responsible for growing the MobyDish brand and business in the Bay area.
Running the market will be like running your own company. You'll be responsible for its growth in all areas of the market - from sales, partnerships, and expansion, setting clear goals for your team, hiring and training new people, and executing on the overall growth strategy. You will need to be comfortable with multi tasking and dealing with multiple moving pieces.
- Make impactful decisions that grow MobyDish's area revenue, with full P&L responsibility
- Build, develop, and manage our area team; our business is only as good as our awesome people
- Attract key restaurant partners, so that we can offer an even wider variety of delicious food
- Attract and retain new key clients, and help making all existing clients incredibly happy
- Coordinate, manage, and monitor the operations in the area, including improving our workflow
- Effectively scale our processes, and prioritize initiatives, to drive growth and efficiency
- Good understanding of the local food / catering industry, food delivery, hospitality, startups a strong plus
- 3+ years of experience in a management, business development, or operational role
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, balanced with the ability to execute quickly
- An eye for talent, and experience building a team from the ground up
- A strong appetite for trying new things and think outside of the box
- Quick learner, you're a true team player who will care about our team, customers, drivers and partners!
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
MobyDish welcomes exceptional people from all backgrounds, and is a thriving and environment specially for individuals who are inherently passionate about food, and possess a strong appetite for learning. Established in 2015, MobyDish is a Y-Combinator W15, profitable, scale-up company.
MobyDish at a glance
MobyDish focuses on Marketplaces, Hospitality, Logistics, and Catering. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.mobydish.com