Design marketplace that connects people with the world’s best artists
Customer Service Representative
Please note: To be considered for this position, you must reside within 50 miles of Sacramento, CA.
This is a remote seasonal role, starting Early November through late December 2020. Do you thrive in a fast-paced, lively atmosphere? Do you love working with people, solving problems, and providing exceptional service? If so, read on!
Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationary. We are looking for Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) to join our team for the holiday season and to provide outstanding service to our customers.
CSRs use their problem solving and people skills while working directly with our customers to address their questions through multiple channels – phone, email & live chat. Reporting to a Customer Service Team Supervisor, CSRs have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are savvy in working with a variety of systems and technology. Minted CSRs are exceptionally patient, empathetic, and passionate team members whose #1 objective is to offer the best experience possible for any customer. Our operation is open 7 days a week. Candidates must be available to work full-time, and shifts and schedules for the role are variable between the hours of 5:30am - 5pm Pacific Time.
- Respond to calls, emails, and live chats from customers in accordance with our policies and procedures; handle and resolve all customer concerns by providing accurate information with empathy and grace
- Provide customers with support about Minted products and promotions, as well as general order information; provide assistance with processing orders and customizing designs
- Identify and escalate priority issues that need immediate attention
- Document customer interactions thoroughly and accurately in our CRM, while following departmental policies
- Use support tools & training including our knowledge base to respond to inquiries and ensure our customer’s satisfaction and a high quality service experience
- Identify opportunities for improving the customer experience and share those with Customer Service leadership
- Attain the highest quality possible, with accountability for your own Quality and Productivity KPIs
- Eager to deliver superior service, positively and efficiently resolving customer concerns and prioritizing multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced, high volume environment during our busiest (and favorite!) time of the year
- An advocate for the customer, ensuring timely resolution on first contact whenever possible
- Prepared to de-escalate customer issues with your exceptional empathy skills
- Able to take direction and quickly learn new procedures, processes, and design-related products
- Flexible, adaptive, with a very positive "can do" attitude and a strong desire to learn
- Open to feedback, believing in a culture of continuous improvement as you work toward individual and departmental goals
- Able to reliably meet a required flexible/variable hour work schedule including weekends based on business needs and adhere to company attendance policy
- Familiar or experienced with eCommerce, a big plus
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience working with customers (preferably at a premium brand)
- Experience navigating websites and browsers, including using multiple tabs, screens, and systems concurrently; minimizing and maximizing screens; using chat software (ex./ Slack); quickly navigating between chat and other company tools such as our CRM and phone software
- Strong typing skills
- Comfort level with using macOS and Apple Mac computers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a proven record of follow through
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software a plus
Minted is a design platform bringing the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. The company's art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 75 million homes worldwide.
Minted uses technology to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.
Minted is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and currently employs 350+ full-time employees plus additional temporary workers during the holiday season. The company has raised over $300M from top-tier investors including Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Permira, Ridge Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, Julia & Kevin Hartz, Yishan Wong, and more.
Medical, dental, and vision
Catered lunch multiple times a week, plus coffee and snacks
50% Employee discounts at Minted.com and 25% for friends and family
Minted at a glance
Minted focuses on Internet, E-Commerce, Crowdsourcing, Design, and Art. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Oakland. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Minted has raised $87M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.