Design marketplace that connects people with the world’s best artists
Human Resources Business Partner
Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?
Minted is seeking an energetic and strategic HR Business Partner (HRBP) to join our team. This HRBP will work closely with our Customer and Design Operations teams in Oakland and the Supply Chain businesses located in San Francisco and Hayward. As part of the People team, the HRBP’s role is to develop, lead and implement talent strategies across the organization. As a key member of the leadership teams you serve, you will apply a keen understanding of the business to your work and be a strategic thought partner on all things related to our people and culture. At the same time, you will also roll up your sleeves alongside your People teammates to implement company programs and processes that continually improve the employee experience at Minted and deliver business results. This role will be co-located in Oakland and San Francisco and will report to Minted’s Vice President, People and also work closely with our Chief People Officer.
- Shape and drive the specific talent agendas that support the business goals and priorities for your ‘client’ teams and leaders, aligning with our company talent strategy
- Partner with leaders at all levels to proactively manage and motivate their team members and provide advice and guidance on diverse and challenging employee issues
- Provide HR expertise on topics including career and leadership development, performance management, recognition, employee relations, company policies, etc.
- Drive our HR operational excellence through providing input into program and process design in partnership with People Operations (i.e., performance management, workforce planning, talent development, etc.) and managing program and process execution and rollout with your client groups
- Analyze employee data and trends to guide decision making and recommendations
- Champion and role model Minted’s culture, values & mission, finding ways to continually strengthen them in your client teams and at the company overall
- Deeply trusted by employees and leaders at all levels for your counsel and judgment
- Strongly biased toward action and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to make good decisions in the absence of perfect information or ‘silver bullet’, obvious answers
- Always ready to “roll up your sleeves” to get things done
- Comfortable zooming from high-level strategy to deep execution detail
- Energized by finding opportunities to improve processes through technology and design
- An excellent and influential communicator in both written and verbal formats
- Knowledgeable in Bay Area, CA and US HR-related policies and law
- 5+ years as an HR Business Partner working directly with senior leaders
- Experience working in fast paced and dynamic companies (ideally with an Operations, call center, or Field team)
- Interest in and prior exposure to key HR areas including organizational design, succession planning, performance management, compensation, employee engagement, diversity & inclusion, people analytics, leadership development, employee relations
Medical, dental, and vision
Catered lunch multiple times a week, plus coffee and snacks
50% Employee discounts at Minted.com and 25% for friends and family
Minted at a glance
Minted focuses on Internet, E-Commerce, Crowdsourcing, Design, and Art. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Oakland. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Minted has raised $87M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.